Author Topic: List changes 2025  (Read 678 times)

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
List changes 2025
« on: June 02, 2024, 05:39:30 PM »
Keep:
Baker - He's key to our values and bravery. Would be a bigger loss then the compensation trade we'd get.

Trade:
Rioli: High value
Hopper - Take the loss. Can't get body right and is just an OK player. Over paid but had a crack at another tilt. Pies offloaded Treloar and paid his wage and won a flag before Treloar retired. Doesn't mean we can't. He's clogging the list and salary cap.
Short - Value is high and output low. Get something for the future for him.
Graham - Seems unlikely to stay and needs to be a bottom 6 player in a side, currently he's not that with our list.

Delist:
Pickett - (providing he gets to 100 games) if he doesn't id consider keeping for the sake of the father son access. We've seen what Daicos and Darcy have done, be silly to fall a few games short of access.
KMac - finished

Retire
Grimes
Grimes - retire
Go Tigers!

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
Re: List changes 2025
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2024, 05:46:55 PM »
Trade Lynch to a contender....then he can at least get a chance miss another premiership instead of just missing another year of rebuilding...trade Dow to the Aints for Max King's jockstrap... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2024, 07:46:02 PM »
Keep:
Baker - He's key to our values and bravery. Would be a bigger loss then the compensation trade we'd get.

Trade:
Rioli: High value
Hopper - Take the loss. Can't get body right and is just an OK player. Over paid but had a crack at another tilt. Pies offloaded Treloar and paid his wage and won a flag before Treloar retired. Doesn't mean we can't. He's clogging the list and salary cap.
Short - Value is high and output low. Get something for the future for him.
Graham - Seems unlikely to stay and needs to be a bottom 6 player in a side, currently he's not that with our list.

Delist:
Pickett - (providing he gets to 100 games) if he doesn't id consider keeping for the sake of the father son access. We've seen what Daicos and Darcy have done, be silly to fall a few games short of access.
KMac - finished

Retire
Grimes
Grimes - retire

Pickett can't get to 100 games now so he is a keep.  He is the only player in the last 20 years to have boys.

Short - high trade value! LOL - He is worth less than a pack of chips and a flat can of coke.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2024, 09:10:56 PM »
Trade Lynch to a contender....then he can at least get a chance miss another premiership instead of just missing another year of rebuilding...trade Dow to the Aints for Max King's jockstrap... :shh

The Lynch idea has merit. Dees and Collingwood would salivate over that option.
Baker’s gone so get a top 10 pick.
Keep Rioli. Get nothing for Short. Can delist.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2024, 09:14:01 PM »
there is no stuffin way i would assist the scum in winning another flag. Dees i wouldnt have an issue as they wont be winning anything anytime soon.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Wazza

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2024, 09:52:49 PM »
We couldn't seriously get rid of Lynch could we??
He is still an extremely good player and very experienced. He has great presence and fwd craft. Lynch is one of the few that actually are aggressive and uses his size and weight to intimidate opposition.

Young players still need a role model and guidance and Lynch is the best we have for this.....Good luck having Ryan lead the fwd line for the next few yrs.

If we need picks, baker, rioli, short and Graham are there as bait. I'd even give dow as a bonus to any club that takes one of the above.
P.s I hope Rioli doesn't leave....

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2024, 10:27:18 PM »
If the right deal for Lynch comes we should trade him. Pay some of his salary to get a good pick for him.

Baker & Rioli I would keep. Would be happy with either as captain.

Short, Graham, trade.

Pickett get to 100.

Retire Grimes, Prestia, KMac.

Dusty???? Who knows.

Also ready to cut Dow, not sold on the likes of Banks, Coulthard, Trezise etc.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2024, 10:32:44 PM »
Not exactly his biggest fan but thought Trezise was one of our better players in the VFL yesterday ....Coulthard , not so much....been very disappointing since that debut quarter last year.....Quarter Polo.... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

Online the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2024, 08:25:21 PM »
If the right deal for Lynch comes we should trade him. Pay some of his salary to get a good pick for him.

Baker & Rioli I would keep. Would be happy with either as captain.

Short, Graham, trade.

Pickett get to 100.

Retire Grimes, Prestia, KMac.

Dusty???? Who knows.

Also ready to cut Dow, not sold on the likes of Banks, Coulthard, Trezise etc.

If we  delisted/retired/traded all of the following

Martin, Naismith, Grimes, Pickett, McIntosh all 30 plus year olds and Short who will be 29 who are past it or in serious decline apart from Broad who's spot is now in much demand with the likes of Trezise, Smith, Brown Bauer all at stages where we need to play them.
Also delist   Mansell, Colina, Cumberland, Dow, Coulthard and M Rioli . Our small/medium forwards in general have not shown enough and we need to cull a few and go again that  there is 12 players in the drop of a hat. Depending on your view you could go harder.

Well most would say thats a lot of experience in one go and i agree yep it is.

So what would our best team obviously imv  look like keeping a good spread of experience and cutting those players.

Broad 31/136  - Miller 25/34 - Vlastuin 30/222. If Bauer plays back then id be tempted to play him instead of Broad
Brown 21/10 - Gibcus 22/10  - Smith 19/1. There is always the option of Balta playing back as well.

D Rioli 27/171 - Taranto 27/142 - Trezise 22/2. Lots of run Rioli and Trezise who both can man up.
Nankervis 30/146 - McAuliffe 20/5 - Prestia 32/217. A young bull with plenty of experience and oomph around him.

Bolton 26/124  - Balta 25/93 - Campbell 20/11. There is enough experience and Campbell looks promising with good attributes.
Bauer 22/4 - Lynch 32/219 - Clarke 21/17. Bauer is more of a marking medium than a tall.Cambell and Clarke the most promising small

Hopper 28/133 - Ross 24/68 - Baker 27/119 - Lefau 26/10 - Sonsie 22/17

That is a damn good age/experience  demographic for a rebuilding team. Plenty of age and experience spread across the whole team with enough 19- 24 year olds.

Now people may not agree with that team thats all good the point is we can lose our share of experienced players there will be  more than enough left to help guide the younger blokes.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2024, 08:51:32 PM »
Agree on most bar Cumberland (see how he goes this year) and M Rioli.

Unfortunately Mansell got a 2 year contract haha

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2024, 10:21:11 PM »
Dunno what's funnier; delisting MRJ or still thinking Balta is a forward after bagging Sampson for not kicking enough goals...  :facepalm :joker

- Thomas Sowell

Online the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2024, 05:23:48 PM »
Dunno what's funnier; delisting MRJ or still thinking Balta is a forward after bagging Sampson for not kicking enough goals...  :facepalm :joker
What's even funnier is you think Ryan kicks enough goals. You keep backing him in mate he 's going gang busters
Even funnier than that you think he is a better performer than Nankervis. FMD bring back Shaun Hampson who was shizen but played at a level Ryan can only dream of  atm.
Mrj is average at best  if you cant see it thats your problem. you don't seem to ever see  much as it is.

What makes me really laugh is the the childish comments at the level of a ten your old that you always resort to  when your losing debates.
 You know as well as me that i have wanted Balta in defense but when you have no key forwards good old common sense says play the best option for now.
What you would rather play Ryan instead lol.
 Last time i looked Gibcus will be back next year!!!!! thats obviously a bit too hard for your kiddie brain to work with.
Let me make it easy for you a fit Gibcus gives us the so obvious option that a ten year old can see it,  well not all ten tear olds it seems, of playing Balta forward until we find better.

Ah the  player Samson Ryan 3 Whole games this year!!! he's really banging the door down in your deluded world. He has only played three games because he is soft as butter and gets rag dolled like a girl. But hey hes better than most other ruckmen lol.

I mean to say he is tearing it up this year at the level, mountains of ball a whole 5 dispsals a game quick someone get the doctor we need to treat his leather poisoning. A whopping 6 hit outs, as dominant a ruckman as one could want!!! What about marks or contested ones you guessed it he looks like Richo in the air with a whopping 0.3 a game just fantastic for a 206cm what was he again? hmm key fwd or was that ruckman.

The funniest of all is here you are comparing him to Gawn Grundy Witts, English Nankervis and Soldo.
So far he is so far behind these players a blind 10 year old can see it. He actually makes duds like Vickery and Hampson look like greats of the game.

When and IF he actually reaches a decent level consistently, i will be the first to put my hand up and acknowledge it. But SO FAR he has been really ordinary when at the level.To say other wise is just plain delusion.
You would not think it possible but he has actually gone backwards compared to last year