Author Topic: Richmond vs Carlton @ the MCG --- Round 16, 2024  (Read 4125 times)

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Richmond vs Carlton @ the MCG --- Round 16, 2024
« Reply #90 on: July 03, 2024, 05:54:06 PM »
Sonsie
Ralph
Brown
McAuliffe
Banks
Campbell

Blight on debut

All kids by age or experience

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #91 on: July 03, 2024, 09:11:46 PM »
That 7 average 10 games each
Carlton’s bottom 7 average 24 games each

A reasonable delta is experience
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #92 on: July 03, 2024, 11:10:15 PM »
And I suspect  our average amount of games and age will reduce next year

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #93 on: July 03, 2024, 11:36:26 PM »
And I suspect  our average amount of games and age will reduce next year

We are saying goodbye to Grimes, Prestia, maybe Dusty.
Next year Lynch IMO.

Gonna plummet.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #94 on: July 04, 2024, 04:33:01 PM »
I don’t think you can look at stats like average age because we have the 2 extremes, old
And young and not much in between. Off the top of my head we have the likes of Prestia,dusty,broad,vlastuin,kmac, all 30+
McAuliffe,sonesie,brown,banks,Campbell all 21 and under ?

But more importantly the experience and games played. We don’t have many around the sweet spot of 75-100. Our young guys who could have played 2-3 full seasons have played half a season and even Miller, ralphsmith, mansell haven’t played that much.

Two extremesokay ::) More excuses.

We have blokes here lumping in 24 and 25 yr old players and calling them kids. what next make the cut off 27 after all they are still young men too.

Balta is 24 in year 7 how can you call him a kid in the scheme of things. Bolton is 25. 8 years in wtf. Miller is in year 7 at age 24. Mansell is 24 in year four!!!. Kosi is 23 in year 6.
You get the drift.

They all played on the weekend along with a whole pile of mature players  and vets.

We are not playing bereft of mature players as some would have us believe. the trouble is they are either past it or not good enough.

Who said anything about balta ? And if you ready my post I was talking about experience rather than age. Mansell 45 games. Kosi 54 games ( don’t rate either of them anyway ) Miller 38 games. The Kids I referenced are McAuliffe, sonsie, banks, Campbell, Brown. Who are both young and inexperienced and then we have guys around the 24 mark who are older but still relatively inexperienced such as mansell, Miller, Blight, ralphsmith, Kosi.

I don’t think anyone is suggesting we are playing bereft of mature players, in fact most of us here have spoken about how disappointing the mature players have been all season.
Forget about age though, you have a team with this many guys under 50 games and it’s gonna be tough.

Some here are including 23 thru 25 year olds as kids which included the likes of Balta and Bolton.

The whole point of this debate was to point out we are not playing bereft of mature players there are plenty but they are no longer good enough or just not good enough.

The point was to make people realise if we play 6 22 or unders it is not unusual it is fairly common.

Im sick of the excuses people keep making for the losses. blaming the kids for the defeats.
Imo we are not throwing kids to the wolves they need to be played its down to the mature lot if blame is to be placed.

Im sick of hearing we are playing too many kids what do you expect. It just deflects from just how poor others have been.

As far as playing kids aged between 18 and 21 each week or actual juniors we  managed to play 5 most weeks.
So why are people complaining now about the kids costing us games. It is not the kids.There has been plenty of mature players around them most weeks.
McAuliffe, Brown, Sonsie, Campbell have been the regulars with the odd cameo,s from others.

We wasted 14 games on Dow a 22yr old in his 5th season. Not a kid in my book. Just one of many who failed to lead from the front and help the kids out.

Graham Short McIntosh it goes on and on yet we are getting beat because we play too many kids. I have never heard a bigger crock of poo in my life.

Offline Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #95 on: July 04, 2024, 04:49:52 PM »
You said 25-29 was mature prime .. your words

We have stuff all in that bracket

End of story

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #96 on: July 04, 2024, 04:55:33 PM »
And also 1/3 of our  23 picked that are 22 or younger averaged less than half the games of Carlton’s whom we played on Sunday.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #97 on: July 04, 2024, 08:21:46 PM »
And also 1/3 of our  23 picked that are 22 or younger averaged less than half the games of Carlton’s whom we played on Sunday.

Yeah , but hey , there was only a year difference and 10 games difference on the totals between us and Carlton

Let’s not be logical HRT

Or let’s not acknowledge the figure is skewed by the likes of Martin, Short, Kmac, Broad etc , who contribute very little week in week out these days

Online eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #98 on: July 04, 2024, 08:52:01 PM »
How many top 20 picks were in the Carlton team. It is not only age and experience but the difference in how many high end draft picks.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Founding member of the Fab 5
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #99 on: July 04, 2024, 09:14:55 PM »
You said 25-29 was mature prime .. your words

We have stuff all in that bracket

End of story
and the ones we do have, he reckons they're all poo anyway
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"