Author Topic: Yze's post-game presser  (Read 1131 times)

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Yze's post-game presser
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2024, 05:02:00 PM »
You guys here quick to point finger on Yze what about the footy department around him no responsibility ?.Livingstone, Hartley and Gale.

Look at our fitness and conditioning medical programs it's a mess. Who made that appointment  ?.
Player recruitment over the last 2 years wrong way about it
Rejuvenation and changing of the guard should have started 3 years ago
Assistant coaches he had to take on board Rutten and Teague .

The point is offcourse he needs to do better,  but on top of him needs a review to many things gone wrong Yze inherited. Get the best people around him and support staff.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2024, 05:56:54 PM »

This is a great point, one sorely missed by so many.  :clapping

Inherited contracts which if terminated would have needed to paid out meaning less soft cap or if spending over the cap having g to pay the 100% tax. Will be interesting to see what happens the end of this season when those contracts are up. FWIW all of the contracts of the assistants he inherited where linked to Dimma's contract (source Balmey)

The point is offcourse he needs to do better,  but on top of him needs a review to many things gone wrong Yze inherited. Get the best people around him and support staff.

Totally agree.
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2024, 06:49:58 AM »

This is a great point, one sorely missed by so many.  :clapping

Inherited contracts which if terminated would have needed to paid out meaning less soft cap or if spending over the cap having g to pay the 100% tax. Will be interesting to see what happens the end of this season when those contracts are up. FWIW all of the contracts of the assistants he inherited where linked to Dimma's contract (source Balmey)

Totally agree.

Well Teague is moving on which says to me Yze or the club have given him the push, or Teague himself has realized he is a dud and wants to go stuff some other club.

The soft cap is a non issue this year. Teague should have left a year ago.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2024, 07:58:46 AM »
Well Teague is moving on which says to me Yze or the club have given him the push, or Teague himself has realized he is a dud and wants to go stuff some other club.

The soft cap is a non issue this year. Teague should have left a year ago.

You don't get it do you. He was contracted, the only way he goes this year is if they sacked him. Sack him and we pay him out. Hire a replacement then we are paying for 2 coaches, the new one and Teague.

You are aware we bought in 2 new coaches in 2024? Newman and Ziebell which would be covered from the $$ not going to the previous senior coach.

Now you've said you spoken to Balmey, did you ever speak to him about our assistant coaches structure? If you did you would know why we honoured all existing contracts...

Let's just get through to the end of this disaster called the 2024 season and see what they do in EVERY area of the footy department. And then judge and if need be rant away

We are paying the full soft cap. How its being allocated I like you have no clue but based on the issues we have had across the foot dept I'd argue we've stuffed up in one area in a massive way.
 :shh

At least we seem to have got the allocation to the VFL program right  ;)  :whistle
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2024, 10:06:07 AM »
If Teague and Rutten were any good they would be on their way to Gold Coast