Author Topic: Official Tiger Team v Port Adelaide: Rd 19  (Read 1046 times)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Official Tiger Team v Port Adelaide: Rd 19
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2024, 09:23:07 PM »
What the stuff is wrong with Graham?

And floss?

Graham - Hip

Floss - back
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2024, 09:27:47 PM »
Would’ve liked to see sonsie get midfield time and not bring in Dow. The club must see something in Dow to keep playing him… I just don’t see it unfortunately.

Would also like to find a way to get Blight in the team but that won’t happen with Balta and Miller down back.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2024, 09:35:19 PM »
What the stuff is wrong with Graham?

Bullemia
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2024, 10:04:31 PM »
Why is everyone so excited about pick 1 in an even draft. None of our premiership players came from pick 1.

It's like dancing with your sister.

I'd rather not finish last, but that's me.

Totally agree. Wooden spoon is not something to aim for.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2024, 10:08:08 PM »
Backs: 46 Ben Miller, 35 Nathan Broad, 21 Noah Balta

Half Backs: 15 Jayden Short, 36 James Trezise, 17 Daniel Rioli

Centre: 13 Hugo Ralphsmith, 3 Dion Prestia, 33 Kamdyn McIntosh

Half Forwards: 31Rhyan Mansell, 44 Seth Campbell, 48 Steely Green

Forwards: 32 Samson Ryan, 29 Shai Bolton, 20 Jacob Koschitzke

Followers: 25 Toby Nankervis,  7 Liam Baker, 22 Jacob Hopper

Interchange: 27 Thomson Dow, 30 Tom Brown, 40 Tyler Sonsie, 41Sam Banks, 49 Kaleb Smith

Emergencies: 38 Noah Cumberland, 26 Matthew Coulthard, 51 Jacob Blight

FMD Jayden craps his pants shortsteps across hb and Smiffy named on the bench. Kid can look forward to another 5 minute cameo from the sub bench.
Coaches comments from the weekend

looked a class above. His cleanliness with his hands really stood out and he had a huge nine tackles as a defender, He's in great form.

That to go with his 7 rebound fifties and 22 disposals. and he plays with a hardness that Short can only dream of.
He has pace to burn and he doesn't panic.

What is wrong with this MC.

Freakin flappers McIntosh back to a wing wtf how poor does he have to be before he gets scrutinised.
Sonsie just three disposals and fair dinkum if he cannot find some toughness because he plays scared then he is done.

Samson freakin Ryan who can't take a mark at the level and can't find the ball. Another game that was so far off the standard it was not funny. Yet we drop Blight. for him never to be seen again.

Fair enough we copped the three injuries somhow. But fairdinkum  Ryan, Sonsie, McIntosh and Short should have been dropped.

Only good thing about all this is Smiffy has been picked i only hope he starts and they show semblence of common sense.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2024, 10:08:49 PM »
Why is everyone so excited about pick 1 in an even draft. None of our premiership players came from pick 1.

Feel the same Frankie

Don't want to finsh last, don't want the wooden spoon

I hate losing and I'm sick of losing
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2024, 10:34:49 PM »

Yep agree.
 Still would be nice to somehow split the #1 pick add another pick to it for say pick 4 and 8.

Reckon one of Langford, Smillie, Lalor, or smith and Armstrong at pick 8 would be ideal for us.

Supposed to be a very even strong draft past 30.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2024, 10:48:19 PM »
Stoopid. Let’s get pick 1 and get it done. Rumour is Jagger Smith is playing ressies for us soon. Super exciting.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2024, 02:47:10 AM »

Because you get the kid you want, period.

I never buy this crap about it being an even draft, great top 5 then all the same 6-30, shallow this, deep that. It's garbage. They get it wrong every stinking year.

There's always blokes top 5-10 that are trash and blokes who have fun careers of 200+ games down in R4.

My biggest gripe with P1 is that a lot of kids struggle with the expectation IMO but we may as well get it if we can and split it up.

Offline TFL

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2024, 09:11:20 AM »
Stoopid. Let’s get pick 1 and get it done. Rumour is Jagger Smith is playing ressies for us soon. Super exciting.

Its not a rumour, its fact.

He will be 23rd man for a few games coming up.  :thumbsup

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2024, 10:15:02 AM »
I don’t think finishing last has the same stigma attached to it anymore.

Someone said something on here that I agree with - top 4 or bottom 4 , everything else is a waste of time .
Unleash the tornado

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2024, 04:17:36 PM »
I’m not excited about finishing last , but when your side reads like the seconds side that’s the reality. Either go with it or start stabbing the senior players in the back to vent your frustration like so many others.
The only benefit is that we get the opportunity to pick the best player available as other clubs seem to be able to nail the  pick, maybe like me you think we will waste it on some skinny flanker regardless of where our pick is.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2024, 12:52:41 PM »
Have we seen the best players in the draft the last few years?

Daicos, JHF and Harley Reid.

We have had 1 pick 1 in my memory and it was Brett Deledio. We haven't drafted anyone decent in first round since Dan Rioli. It's OK to get excited we have the first hit at the entire draft of which is strong. We have a variety of players that we can choose to begin our rebuild with. Could go with Jagga Smith a Lachie Neale, Rozzee type accumilator or a Josh Smillie big sized Bont, Fyfe type or go with a Lalor, Trainor depending.

18th - 9th is the same, if you get upset because someone teases you for being last, it'll be OK. Give us best pick possible lease or play finals.
Go Tigers!