Author Topic: Finals when do we return to them.  (Read 700 times)

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Finals when do we return to them.
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2024, 09:43:29 AM »
I’m not sure but I am actually looking forward to watching games with little expectations of a win but enjoying watching some kids develop and getting some pride back.

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2024, 08:10:54 PM »
Both, life on life’s terms , we need to be patient

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2024, 03:36:00 PM »
Maybe will get accused of being too pessimistic but I don't see us returning to finals until the next decade. Losing the likes of Bolton, Rioli and Baker in their prime years means we're going to have to effectively rebuild from scratch as we did from the 2006 draft onwards. In hindsight, it took us 6-7 years to become a finals side and a decade to win the first flag of our dynasty. We're in for a rough couple of years as a supporter base before it turns around even if we do most things right again.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2024, 10:30:52 PM »
i wonder if claw can do an analysis on hawks list prior to picking up ginni, choil vrs our list say next year once we lose baker, dan and bolton.

I think we will mirror the hawks and not play finals until 2029. This would have been 2026 if Dimma left a year early and didnt pick up hopper.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #19 on: Yesterday at 01:10:21 AM »
Cmon FJ, I know you despise the trade but giving up pick 31 in the 2022 draft (Toby McMullin) and pick 6 in the 2023 draft, hasn’t set the rebuild back 3 years. The players that went at those picks are Toby McMullin and Daniel Curtin who I don’t think are pegged for superstardom quite yet.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #20 on: Yesterday at 06:42:22 AM »
Cmon FJ, I know you despise the trade but giving up pick 31 in the 2022 draft (Toby McMullin) and pick 6 in the 2023 draft, hasn’t set the rebuild back 3 years. The players that went at those picks are Toby McMullin and Daniel Curtin who I don’t think are pegged for superstardom quite yet.

Yes I believe it has. Who says we were going to grab curtain. Who says it wouldn't have been Nate Caddy  :shh

We copied the hawks and like them with omeara,  Mitchell etc  will set us back.

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #21 on: Yesterday at 09:02:57 AM »

Yes I believe it has. Who says we were going to grab curtain. Who says it wouldn't have been Nate Caddy  :shh

We copied the hawks and like them with omeara,  Mitchell etc  will set us back.

It has certainly set us back, there can be no 2-ways about it now that it’s clear we are in full rebuild mode, but 3 years is an exaggeration imo.

Now if your talking the TT and Hopper trade then your probably closer to the money although I’d argue that we’ll need 1 if not both to protect the kids coming through from not getting absolutely smashed physically each week.

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #22 on: Yesterday at 11:19:06 AM »
Looking at the midfielders in this upcoming draft, I would think KMAC 2 would be nervous

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #23 on: Yesterday at 10:24:28 PM »
"There’s still so many great people there…I’m bullish about how quickly they can bounce back"

– Trent Cotchin on Richmonds 2025 prospects

https://x.com/DwaynesWorldSEN/status/1838078121565987044

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #24 on: Today at 07:25:36 AM »
"There’s still so many great people there…I’m bullish about how quickly they can bounce back"

Who exactly would that be Trent?  We haven't even got a s&c coach as the blues decided to pay more than us, as we don't think over spending on elite talent is important.

« Last Edit: Today at 02:26:40 PM by Francois Jackson »

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #25 on: Today at 01:41:14 PM »

Who exactly would that be Trent?  We haven't even got a s&c coach as the blues decided to pay more than us, who don't think over spending on elite talent is important.

Heard we're getting a masseuse from the brothel Capper just sold...only 5 dollar she rub you long time..... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.