Author Topic: If Only  (Read 909 times)

Bulluss

If Only
« on: August 26, 2006, 10:35:26 PM »
Where would we be situated this season if:

- we beat Freo at Subi
 - we beat Hawthorn in Tassie
 - Richo didnt break his wrist or a bone in it.

I suppose there is always a lot of hard luck stories but i think this year we have been very stiff to miss the finals.

Add in all of the other injuries we have had this season and i think that Terry has done a fairly good job with the team.

Moi

Re: If Only
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2006, 12:27:16 AM »
We'd be in the 8, Bull.
But i don't think we would have gone too far, so maybe an honourable 9th (as much as it is hard to take) would be where we're probably at.  Be better than getting shot to the shizenhausen in the first week of the finals i reckon.
IF we can match it with the Eagles next week, we've had a good year IMO
If we don't match it with them we've still had a good year considering our injuries and inexperience.

:gotigers

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2006, 06:01:02 AM »
Our record is now 9-1 against the bottom 8 sides and 2-9 against the top 8 so as Moi pointed out we wouldn't get past the first week of the finals (unless we played the Pies lol).

The dogs game was the crucial one in hindsight as they ended up being the ones we had to jump over on the ladder. A "8-point" game and we weren't good enough nor up to their class.

The Freo game was a bad loss though as we were 15 points up in the last quarter. Everyone was booing us tonight for playing keepings off towards the end but I wish instead we had done it as successfully against Freo when the season was still alive for us.

IMO we are still far closer to the bottom 4 than the top 4. A long way to go yet despite the improvement from our youngsters this year. 
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Jackstar

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2006, 08:11:31 AM »
If only Richo didnt break his wrist at Geelong.
What would of happened if Nathan Brown was up and running this year

Ox

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2006, 03:35:14 PM »
we grew from all of those things.

BTW, stuff Gaspar off.