Author Topic: Greg Miller on Sport 927 (audio)  (Read 964 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Greg Miller on Sport 927 (audio)
« on: November 29, 2006, 12:48:05 PM »
Greg Miller was on Sport 927 this morning:

http://www.sport927.com.au/gateway/Daily_Audio/Sound%20Grabs/GM_291106.asx

* On Riewoldt - he'd be watching Jack since last year and a practice game early this year. Jack has continually been improving and had a very good second half to the year. He lasted to 13 because it's a strong draft. We thought he'd go to the Pies but they went for Reid who is also a quality kid.

* Spoke briefly about our other draftees. Edwards - can run all day and a great tackler; Connors - we rated him a 2nd rounder so great to get him with a 4th rounder; Peterson - moved in with JON. Jumping jack with pace; and Andrew Collins.

* Not everything on draft day went to plan. McRae rang Andrew Collins to congratulate him on being drafted by us during the draft. Problem was the draft was only up to pick 58 and we hadn't drafted him as yet (oops lol). He was meant to have rung up his Bendigo Pioneers teammate Connors instead. Fortunately we drafted Collins anyway.

* We're having a Reebok launch at Tigerland.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Greg Miller on Sport 927 (audio)
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2006, 01:07:14 PM »
* Not everything on draft day went to plan. McRae rang Andrew Collins to congratulate him on being drafted by us during the draft. Problem was the draft was only up to pick 58 and we hadn't drafted him as yet (oops lol). He was meant to have rung up his Bendigo Pioneers teammate Connors instead. Fortunately we drafted Collins anyway.

I was at Club80 last night and they had all the draftees + Polak there.

Collins gotta a lot of laughs when he told the story about McRae ringing him. Very funny indeed ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)