Author Topic: to the country  (Read 4217 times)

retygas

to the country
« on: October 04, 2006, 01:38:57 PM »
I was wondering if anyone out there know if the Tigers are planning on making another trip to Sunraysia in the pre season. It has been so great to actually see the people in the team that I love, up close and personable. Though the last time they were here was under bad times but  and we did lose the match.But it did lift the complete district to see the cared for our district was out there. It would be great to see them here for the 3rd year running.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: to the country
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2006, 04:39:49 PM »
Hi retygas

Welcome to OER.

I think it's a bit early to say whether the Tiges will head back to Mildura in 2007.

I don't think the AFL have told clubs where their Community camps will be.

Considering the 2006 visit was for the reasons you mentioned it may need a little bit of Sheedy and Tiger magic to get them up there again. Who knows what the AFL will do

:thumbsup
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2006, 04:43:32 PM »
I was wondering if anyone out there know if the Tigers are planning on making another trip to Sunraysia in the pre season. It has been so great to actually see the people in the team that I love, up close and personable. Though the last time they were here was under bad times but  and we did lose the match.But it did lift the complete district to see the cared for our district was out there. It would be great to see them here for the 3rd year running.

Welcome to OER retygas  :).

I presume as WP said we'll find out where the community camp locations are for early 2007 when they are released (mid-November). Normally clubs play in a new location each year but Richmond has been able to get up that way the past two years and with large Tiger support in Sunraysia, it would be great if the club could continue to play a preseason game in Mildura each year even if the camp is somewhere else (a la last year with the camp in Ballarat and game in Mildura).
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

retygas

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2006, 05:41:49 PM »
Thanks for the replies. It is good to hear from others out there. I get quite a lot of looks while I'm out and about as I'm always wearing my Tiger cap. This is even when we lose a game here and there. I don't care I love the Tiger and will alway do so.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2006, 03:15:36 PM »
Miller said today the community camp will be held in Wonthaggi. So maybe like last year a separate practice game can be organised closer to the start of the season in Mildura too.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Stephanie

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I am from Tigerland!
    • My Myspace
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2006, 11:37:40 PM »
Miller said today the community camp will be held in Wonthaggi. So maybe like last year a separate practice game can be organised closer to the start of the season in Mildura too.
My friend has a house down in Wonthaggi... so guess where I am going  :lol
On victory we strive. Eat 'em alive!