Author Topic: Hartigan keener, stronger (RFC site)  (Read 658 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Hartigan keener, stronger (RFC site)
« on: December 18, 2006, 02:46:18 PM »
Hartigan keener, stronger
12:03:28 PM Mon 18 December, 2006
Jason Phelan
Sportal for afl.com.au

It's make-or-break for the 21-year-old former Calder Cannons player next season, but he's not shying away from the pressure that brings. In fact, he's running at it head-on.

"I think it is, definitely, with the influx of younger players, if they start to overtake me then that's basically it," Hartigan says candidly.

"But I'm confident that I can get back stronger and start to play some good, consistent football. My body is maturing now, so hopefully that can stand me in good stead to play a full year.

"It's my fourth season now so I'm just trying to keep building the strength in my body and just do everything at 100 per cent just to try and make sure that those injuries don't reoccur.

"For example the hamstring injury, I've done a lot of strengthening and different exercises that some players can get away with not doing, but unfortunately some players are a little bit injury-prone and have to work a bit harder."

Full article at: http://richmondfc.com.au/default.asp?pg=news&spg=display&articleid=310212