Author Topic: Greg Miller on Sport 927 (audio)  (Read 796 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Greg Miller on Sport 927 (audio)
« on: January 10, 2007, 01:04:21 PM »
Greg Miller - Director of Football at Richmond. What are the Tigers focussing on pre-season?

http://www.sport927.com.au/gateway/Daily_Audio/Sound%20Grabs/GM_100107.asx

blx

Re: Greg Miller on Sport 927 (audio)
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2007, 08:52:33 PM »
link doesnt work. not your fault but rather theirs. i notice this happens quite often with sports927 links  :(

Moi

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2007, 09:17:37 PM »
It works for me.
I recently upgraded my Media Player, maybe it's that.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2007, 09:23:26 PM »
link doesnt work. not your fault but rather theirs. i notice this happens quite often with sports927 links  :(

Thanks for that blx. Try copying the link and pasting it in Windows media player. That's what I do and it works for me.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Greg Miller on Sport 927 (audio) - summary
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2007, 09:52:19 PM »
Summary for those who can't get the link working:

* We're in pretty good shape in terms of injury and the preseason overall. Cogs, Newy and a few others have had a bit of a interrupted preseasons but the rest are fine and we are happy with the work we've got into them.

* Both Cogs and Newy are on track. Newy far more advanced than Browny was. Cogs finished 7th or 8th in the tan run. Should be back by rounds 6-7.

* NAB top 15 - Foley, Lids and Howat are currently top 3. Foley hit the front over Lids on Christmas eve.

* Agreed with Micky McGuane that our backline will look far more solid with Polak and Thursty joining Joel, Gas, Raines and a fit Newman. Kellaway's contribution will be missed but Miller also added White, Hughes and Hartigan to that mix and said our depth is building up. Polak frees up Joel so we don't lose his rebounding skills when Joel had to mind a key forward tightly.

* Mentioned again Riewoldt being a good pick up. Our pick-ups this year are more extroverted and Jack is clearly that. Expects him to play 12 games this year.

* JON - stress fracture of the foot (???) but will become a good player for us and is a exceptional young man and revels in the hard work. Now need to get miles into his legs.     

* Steve Wright - rehabilitation going okay. Staying in his holiday house down on the Mornington Peninsula. Back in Feb and working fully in March.

* Spoke about krak - see Krak thread.

* Someone called Graham faxed Sport 927 about our culture  ::). Greg was perplexed as he was pleased with our principles and culture. We've got a good group of players who work hard in footy and outside in the community.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Greg Miller on Sport 927 (audio) - summary
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2007, 02:58:14 PM »
Glad we aren't rushing Cogs to be right for round 1. He did his knee in round 12 so playing by round 7 would give him roughly 11 months since doing his knee.

Interesting Miller says he sees Riewoldt playing 12 games or so. That's how many Wallace predicted Lids would play in his first year (went on to play every game of course) so we must rate Jack highly already.

Not sure where Miller gets "stress fractures of the foot" from in regards to JON when he's wearing a brace around his right leg  ???.

Great news to hear that Wright will be back by March. Hope that means he's expected to make a full recovery from his illness.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd