Author Topic: Mobile Phones  (Read 4019 times)

Bulluss

Mobile Phones
« on: March 14, 2007, 09:43:03 PM »
I am currently looking for a new mobile phone and was wondering if anyone has purchased a good one recently.

I like to have all the new gadgets etc like mp3 camera etc etc.

If you have any models you think are pretty good let me know.

I am fairly keen on a Nokia at this stage, either the 6111 or 6131 but am happy to look at other brands if people suggest.

Cheers,

Bull

Moi

Re: Mobile Phones
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2007, 09:49:50 PM »
I'm waiting for the next iphone model after they've finetuned this one.

Offline Stephanie

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I am from Tigerland!
    • My Myspace
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2007, 09:59:36 PM »
I have a Motorola  :thumbsup
It's kind of an old model... well I've had it for about 8-9 months so I guess it's old lol

It's a Motorola SLVR L7 and it has camera and video and an MP3 player, bluetooth, and it has a memory card so you can store heaps of songs, pics etc.
On victory we strive. Eat 'em alive!

Jackstar

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2007, 10:09:54 PM »
Have 2 phones. A Nokia N80 and a Motorola V1050
Both good, Have had the Nokia N80 for 6 months and still havent worked out all the features, lol
The Motorola is easy to work ,thats the phone you ring me on ,lol

Offline F0551L

• One Eyed Richmond Gold member "eat em alive" Marching on to Victory in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Strong and Bold
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2007, 12:09:12 AM »
Bull  steer clear of the 6111 i had 1 and was the biggest (small phone) peice of crap ever
 Im using a  Nokia 6233 now and its fine
good camera 3G  internet access  radio etc
EAT EM ALIVE 2016 TIGERS

Retired to the Bench

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2007, 12:55:20 PM »
Ha - was just talking about this at work and what do I find at OER.

First I was pretty much against all the trends and refused to get a mobile until, lets say co-erced by an X so I was contactable (Bad mistake) Anyway

After going through a few of the cheaper options and prepay I have ended up witgh the Nokia 6288 on a 3 $29 cap plan.

As I said I was allways pretty non plussed about all this but decided I needed to try and find something good but also good value.

The handsets are around the 580 mark to buy anyway - so with the 29 cap you basically get the phone for free.

The cap means you can pend up to 120 a month on calls sms' but only pay the 29 per month - Not bad.

It has all the wizz bang stuff too I taped some of the Violent femmes concert on it - you wouldn't use it as a recorder but quite handy, great pics.

You can get all the other stuff horse races - I had the cricket over summer, TV all the rest.

AND you can actually hear on it when you are in noisy places, footy concerts races etc.
which was the main thing that bugged me about all my other phones.  :thumbsup