Author Topic: Richmond vs Carlton matchday thread  (Read 7601 times)

Offline wallace h8r

• Tiger Rookie
Re: Richmond vs Carlton matchday thread
« Reply #75 on: April 01, 2007, 09:40:21 PM »
when he coached the bulldogs i hated them cause they were dirty aggressive and hard at it, then he got into media become a nice guy now we are the nice guys on field, we dont have great skill and lack talent so go back and be agressive and hard at it, stuff the media and the oppositions opinions

Jackstar

« Reply #76 on: April 01, 2007, 09:41:06 PM »
What is the go with Terry Wallace's shirt?

Does he have to be different and not wear the club gear?

What a fu*&ing knob, how about concentrating on the club for once Terry and not yourself.

Mail is the he wanted to stand out on TV when the camera took a shot of the coaches box. ::)

Offline mjs

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #77 on: April 01, 2007, 09:43:10 PM »
What is the go with Terry Wallace's shirt?

Does he have to be different and not wear the club gear?

What a fu*&ing knob, how about concentrating on the club for once Terry and not yourself.

I've always found that amusing. A bit like the sort of guy who has body waxes.

A lot of what he does is over analysis. He should read up on Kennedy and Jeans and keep it simple.
To talk about 2011 is BS.

The emporor has no clothes.  

Some of us can't take it any more.

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #78 on: April 01, 2007, 09:50:20 PM »
Kick-ins and centre clearances really killed us.  Wasn't it funny watching Fev kick 2 OOF and then a behind and then he marks straight in front of goal, plays on and hits the post. :lol

Absolute worse thing about the game was having Danny Frawley commentating - had to press the mute button.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #79 on: April 01, 2007, 10:33:35 PM »
What I found most disappointing (and there was plenty to be disappointed about) was our skills and decision making. We still have far to many blokes (and I am not talking about the 2-3 year blokes here) that panic when under pressure and as a result turn the ball over.

I mean the number of times we have the ball and pick the wrong option is mind numbing at best #*^&$^@ frustrating at worst  :banghead.

Third qtr - Pettifer's by himself and bang it goes straight over his head to a one on one contest - no need for it. Cost us a chance at a goal and the turnover gave them a goal.  :banghead :banghead

We stop we start we go side ways, back ways any which ways but forward.

And finally I really don't think we put enough pressure on the opposition - Carlton seemed to be able to move the ball back into the middle corridor with little or no pressure. Some of our blokes don't work hard enough when they don't have the ball.

And can anyone please tell me why Richo didn't get a free on the wing in the 2nd qtr - I though head high contqct was out. McGuane got reported for it but Richo cops not one but to head highs and gets nothing
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Ramps

« Reply #80 on: April 01, 2007, 10:43:43 PM »
next week its sydney...and our 1st major drubbing of the season is on the cards.

blx

« Reply #81 on: April 01, 2007, 10:45:24 PM »
Just written a huge post venting my anger then decided to bin it.

its like a F****N scratched record  >:( over it.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #82 on: April 02, 2007, 12:41:46 AM »
Sounds as though we played alright for 2.5 quarters then ran out of legs. It was 9.12 to 3.4 after that point which accounts for nearly all of the difference in scoring shots. I'm not surprised by news our skills and decision making were crap, nothing new there, but without Simmo and Browny and a number of Tigers underdone against a match-fit match-hardened best 22 Carlton side it was hardly a surprising result. If we cough up 27 point leads in 3 weeks time then I'll be concerned but I'm not writing us off after round 1 based on that result. At least our % is intact after round 1 unlike 2005-6 and it sounds as though we got through with no new injuries.

If we are at least 1-2 by the start of round 4 with Simmo and Browny to comeback then we are still okay. 
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #83 on: April 02, 2007, 07:28:37 AM »
At least we didn't lose by 100 points like we did in Round 1 last year.

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #84 on: April 02, 2007, 10:00:40 AM »
Sounds as though we played alright for 2.5 quarters then ran out of legs. It was 9.12 to 3.4 after that point which accounts for nearly all of the difference in scoring shots. I'm not surprised by news our skills and decision making were crap, nothing new there, but without Simmo and Browny and a number of Tigers underdone against a match-fit match-hardened best 22 Carlton side it was hardly a surprising result. If we cough up 27 point leads in 3 weeks time then I'll be concerned but I'm not writing us off after round 1 based on that result. At least our % is intact after round 1 unlike 2005-6 and it sounds as though we got through with no new injuries.

If we are at least 1-2 by the start of round 4 with Simmo and Browny to comeback then we are still okay. 

I think that the thing that killed us in the end was missing Simmo and Browny. We were killed in the ruck because we pretty much had PAtto do all the work by himself, if Simmo was there we would have won the ruck contest. Also we missed Brownys class up forward, i'm sure that if Browny played he would have dragged us over the line

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #85 on: April 02, 2007, 01:43:48 PM »

I think that the thing that killed us in the end was missing Simmo and Browny. We were killed in the ruck because we pretty much had PAtto do all the work by himself, if Simmo was there we would have won the ruck contest. Also we missed Brownys class up forward, i'm sure that if Browny played he would have dragged us over the line

Yep we got smashed in the ruck and centre clearances. Our ruck stocks lack depth. Simmo is injured, Knobel isn't much chop but there's rumours he could be injured again too and Graham isn't ready for AFL footy. It's going to be tougher again this week for Patto up against Everitt and Jolly. As for our midfield, it seems Foley is the only Tiger we can rely on winning a centre clearance. The rest just goes missing far too often.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

letsgetiton!

« Reply #86 on: April 02, 2007, 02:07:16 PM »
i saw knobs b4 the game, he looked lost and dejected