Author Topic: After Terry ?  (Read 968 times)

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
After Terry ?
« on: April 06, 2007, 09:36:19 PM »

i don't want to get rid of Terry ... just yet ...

who should be our next coach ???

my tip ...

MATTHEW KNIGHTS ...

get our boys back to were they belong !

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: After Terry ?
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2007, 03:20:18 AM »
It might be 12 years since we've had a former Tiger as coach but they didn't help us any more than a non-Richmond coach since 1981 - Jewell, Bourke, Pattison, Sproule, Jewell again, KB and Northey.

Matty Knights hasn't been an assistant coach yet at a AFL club. He's currently coach of Essendon's affiliate Bendigo after he got the flick from the Port Adelaide Magpies. As much as we loved Knighter as a player, would we want to risk going with an inexperienced coach with such little time in the AFL coaching ranks?!

We've been down the "sack the coach" quick fix before and it got us nowhere but the land of mediocrity. Whether Plough is the right man for the job will be judged and evaluated after his 5 years is up. Mainly based IMO on the shape of our list in 2009. Sheesh he isn't even halfway through yet ???.

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

letsgetiton!

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2007, 08:44:13 AM »
my tip is teh bombers will get knights first.
sheedy really respects knighter and he will be the bombers next coach

richmond once used to look after their own, but since the screwed KB and swooper its been nothing but pathetic on how our club treats past gr8s

Offline mjs

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2007, 02:35:57 PM »
my tip is teh bombers will get knights first.
sheedy really respects knighter and he will be the bombers next coach

richmond once used to look after their own, but since the screwed KB and swooper its been nothing but pathetic on how our club treats past gr8s

Please don't re-write history.

Northey screwed us - he went for big money and walked out on his contract - pure and simple. 

Ramps

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2007, 04:53:26 PM »
Wallace is a good coach who doesnt have enough cattle, if he had a ruckman the last 2 weeks we would have won 1 game atleast if not both. Hes coaching today against the Swans was very very good.