Author Topic: West Coast - What do we do / Matchups ?  (Read 1232 times)

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
West Coast - What do we do / Matchups ?
« on: April 21, 2007, 12:58:25 PM »
I try to stay positive and think we can give it a shake if everything goes right, but the inner child is scared to death about what may occur.

First thing I would like to see is

Judd v Deledio and
Foley v Kerr
If druggo was playing I would include Tambling in this, but he's on hols  :lol

and leave the matchup all day, the worst that can happen is the guys can learn how it is done 1 on 1.

This is our future and they need to start learning thier roles.

any other ideas - interested to hear

Ramps

Re: West Coast - What do we do / Matchups ?
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2007, 01:05:55 PM »
we do what South Melbourne did in the VPL...we find a good excuse and we forfeit lol ;D

Online mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2007, 05:41:30 PM »
Agree CUB. We know what the senior guys can do and it's nowhere good enough. The Eagles have a heap of quality mids - Judd, Kerr, Braun, Fletcher, Stenglein, Selwood, etc.... Lids, Foley, Raines, Tambo, Polo should just be allowed to go 1 on 1 on them and learn what they need to do because they won't from certain senior teammates.

Raines - Judd
Foley - Kerr
Lids - Selwood
Polo - Braun
Tambo - Fletcher

Stenglein will tag. So let them tag Sugar or Tuck.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2007, 09:21:19 AM »
We may see a bit earlier than expected what is on the cards as Coburg are playing Wednesday, so any outs will be interestingly noted.

FooffooValve

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2007, 01:09:16 PM »
i wouldn't bother tagging judd & kerr, the best you can do is rough them up in the stoppages and try to expose them in transition. tag braun and embley with sugar and polo. set up a zone defence from the centre to around 35-40m out from goal, try to force them into long bombs and stop the midfield running goals that they rely on.

and request that Richo kick 10 from 10 shots and Schulz 4. job done. easy!  ;D

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2007, 01:38:41 PM »
I didn't mean a tag as such just a run with role - play off them and see if they can match them.

Your'e right about Braun, need to shut him down, may aswell use sugar or maybe tuck.

Welcome and nice name foofoo  :lol

Online mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2007, 03:06:02 PM »
Welcome aboard OER FooffooValve  :). A piece of cake lol.

We may see a bit earlier than expected what is on the cards as Coburg are playing Wednesday, so any outs will be interestingly noted.

That's true CUB. It's going to be hard for those playing with Coburg to come up from only a 3 day break so we should know who is in the side by Wednesday.

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2007, 03:16:26 PM »
Also with rain starting friday and predicted to stay all weekend, may not bide well for any talls coming in 'JR' and I would dare say P.Bowden straight back down.

Offline Tigertailz

• Premiership Captain
  • "here we go again!"
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2007, 10:12:31 PM »
Rain could be the only thing we have to save us from a shellacking.

Online mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2007, 12:44:53 PM »
Let's hope this time around we at least pay any Eagle debutant with some respect after we made Edwards and Le Cras look like superstars the last two times we've played West Coast at the 'G.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2007, 05:08:43 PM »
Kane Johnson had 'run-with' roles on Judd twice last season but expects some extra help this time round with several Tigers set to rotate on Judd and Daniel Kerr.

"They're going to be very hard to stop but probably myself and probably another player will get a chance at both of them and I think we've also got to have a lot of contributors around the footy," he said.

"Hopefully they'll just rely on those two and if we can have five or six contributors we might be able to get the job done."

Wallace said he and his players were committed to an attacking game that will serve the club well in the long-term, and there was no way the Tigers would resort to the 'keepings-off', tempo-style football that helped the club to a famous upset victory over Adelaide last season, against West Coast on Saturday.

"No I don't think so … that was a one-off where two tactics just happened to come to bear, one of their and one of ours just happened to come to bear on that given day, so I honestly don't see it going down that pathway."

http://www.sportal.com.au/football.asp?i=news&id=97681

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2007, 05:51:19 PM »
From RFC site
By Catherine Murphy
Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Johnson, who won the 2006 Jack Dyer medal as best and fairest, knows he’ll have to be top of his game to take on the might of the Eagles midfield combo of Chris Judd and Daniel Kerr.

“I just watched the game between West Coast and Freo yesterday. They’re going to be very hard to stop. We just need to have a good few contributors around the footy. Hopefully they’ll rely on those two and we can have five or six around the footy,” Johnson says.

Johnson is confident that the Tiger’s midfield set up will be up the challenge.

“I’m not sure they’re that advanced on what our midfield’s been. Obviously we haven’t got the results at this stage but I think we’ve got five or six really good midfielders that can go in there and match up with theirs. We we’re going to take them on and not play too negatively and try and win the game,” he said.

The skipper admits there is a risk of younger Tiger players becoming overawed by West Coast’s superstars: “That is a danger, but it’s up to the leadership group to make sure we get around that this week and talk to them (the younger players) about what it’s like to play against these players so they have some sort of idea of what it will be like.”

Johnson said he didn’t envisage the Tigers being bottom of the ladder and winless at this stage of the season.

“We would have thought that we would have had at least two or three wins on the board by now considering who we’ve played. We’ve been in winning positions in all our games and that’s probably the most disappointing thing,” he said.

“We haven’t lost belief in where we’re going as a group. All the players strongly believe that we will turn this around, and it only takes one win to get your season back on track.”

http://richmondfc.com.au/Season2007/News/NewsArticle/tabid/6301/Default.aspx?newsId=41908