Author Topic: Clubs should be told after first drug strike - Miller  (Read 803 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Clubs should be told after first drug strike - Miller
« on: May 06, 2007, 05:42:14 AM »
Drug code review
06 May 2007   Sunday Herald Sun
Jon Ralph, David Reed and Jackie Epstein

THE AFL has talked to club chief executives about a possible change to the drug code.

If the proposal is adopted, clubs would be alerted after a second positive drug test by a player. The changes were discussed at a meeting last month between the AFL and clubs.

The move comes as club officials this week renewed their plea to allow them to sooner help players who breach drug rules.

Richmond football director Greg Miller said clubs should be told when a player had a first strike.

"And we would like the players to know that we know," Miller said. "We don't want the players knowing they have got two free hits. Just a discreet number of people at the club should know."

But Miller said the club wasn't keen conduct its own drug tests.

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/common/story_page/0,8033,21678712%255E19771,00.html

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
Re: Clubs should be told after first drug strike - Miller
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2007, 08:01:01 AM »
Richmond football director Greg Miller said clubs should be told when a player had a first strike.

"And we would like the players to know that we know," Miller said. "We don't want the players knowing they have got two free hits. Just a discreet number of people at the club should know."

Sounds fair enough, Greg.
I suppose it depends how discreet the discreet number of people at the club are. Then how discreet the people are who it is let slip to outside that discreet number of people.  :-\

ps Anyone got any idea what a "discreet number" is? It's ok, I think I know the answer.......you can't tell me.  ;D
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott

Life goes on

Re: Clubs should be told after first drug strike - Miller
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2007, 08:21:08 AM »
Like most football clubs, the whole world would know with in days, people cant help themselves, especially players ::)