Author Topic: What were your thoughts when Wallace initially came to Tigerland  (Read 2391 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: What were your thoughts when Wallace initially came to Tigerland
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2007, 03:32:51 AM »
Chris Connolly reckons we're the "best" bottom side he's seen.

Connolly, in his sixth year as Fremantle coach after coming to the club from an assistant's role at Hawthorn, said the competition was in good shape if bottom-of-the-ladder Richmond was the worst team in it.

"I think we're playing good football, but it's such an even competition. I think most of the clubs are playing pretty well, and it's so exciting that so many things can happen in a season, and we've got to make sure we keep raising the bar in what we want to do.

"And that'll be the challenge, the teams that can do that, whether it's depth, confidence, health, whatever the case is, the teams that can continually raise the bar moving forward, it's so much pressure on every club, there's no light games as we saw today.

"If they're the worst club going around this competition, this competition's in the best nick it's ever been since I've been involved as a coach."

"They'd been in good form – very good form – and had just been unable to get over the hump with Essendon and Adelaide, pretty good teams, and Brisbane last week.

"They really came out and were terrific around the contested ball and got the advantage there, got the game on their terms early and put us under pressure.

"But we were really pleased – we restructured, started winning our fair share of the ball, and in the last quarter, our leaders really stood up, and that was really pleasing."

http://www.afl.com.au/Season2007/News/NewsArticle/tabid/208/Default.aspx?newsId=44841

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2007, 09:54:07 AM »
Have to say after yesterday (and this is very scary indeed) I agree with Connolly :clapping

We palyed a great brand of footy yesterday - everything we were promised when Tezza was appointed. Fast runa and carry attacking footy.  :thumbsup
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Life goes on

« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2007, 10:25:45 AM »
It was good to see after 10 rounds of football that we finally seen something that we know that the tiges are capable of, Run and carry as per 2005/2006.
Thought that Raines, Hyde and Howat were released in the right zones and on the overlap to provide the run and carry.
Thought playing at Subicao helped as well.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2007, 09:08:21 PM »
True Jack. Probably also why we play better at the 'G than the more confined space of the Dome. You get away with more old school tactics at the Dome and SCG  ;).
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2007, 09:19:58 PM »
It was good to see after 10 rounds of football that we finally seen something that we know that the tiges are capable of, Run and carry as per 2005/2006.
Thought that Raines, Hyde and Howat were released in the right zones and on the overlap to provide the run and carry.

I don't think it's the first time we've played that type of game this season  Jack. Thought we did it against the Eagles, Crows to name a couple

I've said it before take out the game against Geelong and our results show we have been very competitive - more than we wer ein losses last year :thumbsup

Actually Tezza made a comment during the week and it is true as well - last year we won our share of close games this year (so far) we haven't
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Life goes on

« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2007, 09:41:53 PM »
It was one of the rare occassions we have kicked over 100 points.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2007, 11:45:36 PM »
In 05 we finished with a record of 10-12 yet in terms of games decided by 18 pts or less we had a positive record 5 wins and 4 losses and in 2006 our overall record was 11-11 and  in games decided by 18 pts or less our record was 5 wins 3 losses. This year our record is 0 wins 4 losses and a draw. As Jackstar mentioned the game against Geelong has defined us for this season in a negative way rather than the fact that we have been very competitive in all other games except for the first half against the Dogs and the 2nd quarter against the Power.