Author Topic: Plough has fully converted to a youth policy believer  (Read 3424 times)

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
Re: Plough has fully converted to a youth policy believer
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2007, 09:11:18 AM »

Why the f..k has it taken Terry an extra 2 yrs to realize this?  Clarkson knew and acted on this straight away, while Terry went half-ars..d by still trying a few quick fixes and compromised building our list fully for the future.  Still had his sights on the short-term and again, like Frawley, jepardised our long-term success.  NOW he is finally taking no short-cuts, getting rid of the dead wood and using draft picks and finding good young talent to build a team that can challenge for the ultimate prize.  TWO YEARS TOO LATE WALLACE.

GO TIGES!!! 

I don't understand it either, he could have done it in the first season and not had any questions from Richmond supporters, no pressure, no talk of him being sacked, now in the third year he's copping the famous Richmond wrath. He has turned over a lot of players though, but he could have been a little more ruthless and traded some players who had value, but have now lost it. 
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2007, 11:39:14 AM »
Which begs the question Kent Kingsley  ???

I would also keep Tuck, he is a hard nut and would be ok in a good side.

Johnson dropped for sure - send the kids a message Plough

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2007, 01:58:47 PM »
Opposition clubs never thought most of our players had value though :P.

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Mopsy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Once a Tiger always a Tiger
« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2007, 02:19:19 PM »
Interesting little grab from Plough's EOTT match report.

We’ve been beaten by a few teams in the competition at the moment who have got very experienced players, but are never going to win a premiership with those experienced players. You can go down a pathway like that where you’re winning games and you perhaps finish the perennial ninth that our club has done over a period of time, or you start a process and bring all these kids through together, where they’re actually a chance of having some real success. And, that’s the pathway we’re going down at the moment.

http://210.50.4.102/rfc/

Why the f..k has it taken Terry an extra 2 yrs to realize this?  Clarkson knew and acted on this straight away, while Terry went half-ars..d by still trying a few quick fixes and compromised building our list fully for the future.  Still had his sights on the short-term and again, like Frawley, jepardised our long-term success.  NOW he is finally taking no short-cuts, getting rid of the dead wood and using draft picks and finding good young talent to build a team that can challenge for the ultimate prize.  TWO YEARS TOO LATE WALLACE.

GO TIGES!!! 
The Hawks financial position compared to the tigers was like chalk and cheese
The club needed some immediate success to help turn that around.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2007, 05:01:51 PM »
Interesting little grab from Plough's EOTT match report.

We’ve been beaten by a few teams in the competition at the moment who have got very experienced players, but are never going to win a premiership with those experienced players. You can go down a pathway like that where you’re winning games and you perhaps finish the perennial ninth that our club has done over a period of time, or you start a process and bring all these kids through together, where they’re actually a chance of having some real success. And, that’s the pathway we’re going down at the moment.

http://210.50.4.102/rfc/

GO TIGES!!! 
The Hawks financial position compared to the tigers was like chalk and cheese
The club needed some immediate success to help turn that around.
True Mopsy. And the Hawks list was more advanced as far as having a large number of players about to hit that peak middle-age bracket. Their list wasn't decimated and out of balance like ours was.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2007, 09:12:15 PM »

GO TIGES!!! 

But Wallace has said from the moment he got to Richmond that we lacked a core group in the gae bracket of 23-25. Nothing much has changed on that front. We still don't have that group - we will in 3-4 years and they'll be OK I reckon
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline DallasCrane

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • roll on 2011
« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2007, 09:21:11 PM »
But Wallace has said from the moment he got to Richmond that we lacked a core group in the gae bracket of 23-25. Nothing much has changed on that front. We still don't have that group - we will in 3-4 years and they'll be OK I reckon

I reckon they'll be better than OK WP.

GO EDWARDS!!!
Experience is a good school. But the fees are high.
Heinrich Heine

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2007, 04:48:51 PM »

Yep I'd rather have Hughes or Schulz in the team at this point.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2007, 11:28:50 PM »

Yep I'd rather have Hughes or Schulz in the team at this point.
Hopefully Sarge learns that even if it's not your night that you've still got to offer a contest up forward. At least contribute in some way. Both he and Cleve were dropped after one bad game.

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2007, 08:20:01 AM »
I'd be picking Hughes over Schultz.  Schultz is lazy, needs to pick up his workload.