Author Topic: It's no lone March: Tigers get together to shed the quick fix - Caro  (Read 3062 times)

Moi

Re: It's no lone March: Tigers get together to shed the quick fix - Caro
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2007, 11:26:45 AM »
Gary March is bloody good president and true Richmond person and dare i say it ... a quality person to boot :thumbsup
I've been impressed with him also, probably because he actually fronts up and addresses supporters, although I haven't seen much of him this year.

Breath of fresh air after Casey.

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2007, 11:44:50 AM »
Gary March has done well as President ...

Is a Richmond man ...

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2007, 11:50:23 AM »
I actually reckon thtat Steve Wright has done the best job off-field.

Took us from in the red to posting healthy profits  :clapping

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2007, 06:43:16 PM »
As WP pointed out it appears those at the top are still united and focused on the long-term plan in place. In the past, a year like this would've had everyone at each others throats both from within and outside the Punt Rd walls. The media would be outside Punt Rd every day waiting for blood to spill. For all his criticisms Miller stated from day he arrived that stability was the key to long-term success. That stability appears to be in place now.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2007, 07:57:48 PM »
I actually reckon thtat Steve Wright has done the best job off-field.

Took us from in the red to posting healthy profits  :clapping

I agree Steven Wright has done a sensational job. One the best legacy of the Casey era I would have thought

But believe me in footy clubs if you don't have a united board that is backing you, your plans and visions then you're to a degree stuffed. the majority of major deals have to be ratified by a board - that's common business practice.

If you got the backing your jobs a helluva lot easier and you don't have to worry about internal bickering you just do the job because that's your sole focus
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2007, 08:07:52 PM »
slow news week for caro...so she brings up the old chestnut....thanks caro....expect more of the same on FC tom night....

Hey Rogerd3, did you go to the game on friday nite ? or were you home watching the TV in your tracky dacks!
MT or WP, can you tell Jackstar Rog ain't me - doesn't seem to be convinced.  A quick check of our IPs should tell him lol

:rollin

dont let the cat out of the bag....

Life goes on

« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2007, 08:21:24 PM »
slow news week for caro...so she brings up the old chestnut....thanks caro....expect more of the same on FC tom night....

Hey Rogerd3, did you go to the game on friday nite ? or were you home watching the TV in your tracky dacks!
MT or WP, can you tell Jackstar Rog ain't me - doesn't seem to be convinced.  A quick check of our IPs should tell him lol

:rollin

dont let the cat out of the bag....

Thats right , leave the bag tied up and leave the cat in there :rollin

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2007, 03:17:57 AM »
Just who the Tigers employ to oversee their technically flawed list remains the club's greatest pressing challenge and one that should not be decided by politics or friendships. To echo the sentiments of businessman and Carlton president Dick Pratt, the best man available is not necessarily the best man for the job.
Neale Daniher is leaving at the end of the year according to Caro so any contracts in the MFC footy dept. tied to his reign will most likely become null and void for those pushing for the choice of a certain person from MFC. Problem is do we want someone overseeing our young list that is part of a footy dept. that produces "efforts" like last Friday night.

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2007, 08:05:44 AM »
Just who the Tigers employ to oversee their technically flawed list remains the club's greatest pressing challenge and one that should not be decided by politics or friendships. To echo the sentiments of businessman and Carlton president Dick Pratt, the best man available is not necessarily the best man for the job.
Neale Daniher is leaving at the end of the year according to Caro so any contracts in the MFC footy dept. tied to his reign will most likely become null and void for those pushing for the choice of a certain person from MFC. Problem is do we want someone overseeing our young list that is part of a footy dept. that produces "efforts" like last Friday night.

their effort on friday night was still 100 times better than ours v geelong