Author Topic: Drafting tall this year.  (Read 3255 times)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Drafting tall this year.
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2007, 04:06:31 PM »
Actually tend to agree with you xXx based on what I just saw I would loathed to use pick 1 or 2 on Kruener - was disappointed. I know Pickering & Clayton were saying he did well (he tried hard) but gee I don't know - perhaps I was expecting alot more
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline jezza

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2007, 04:55:40 PM »
There were plenty of good signs for Kreuzer, the way he moved around the ground, 2nd and 3rd efforts, picking the ball up off the deck, all promising. He was beaten in the ruck early, but as the game wore on he got on top more and more and he certainly wasn't helped by how poorly his midfielders were doing and a complete lack of a forward line. Not the greatest performance, but easy to see the signs as to why he's so highly regarded.

Anyway, it's only one game, recruiters have been watching him and all the others for a long time now. Plenty out there would have had more damage to the reputations than Kreuzer did (namely Cotchin).

Palmer was BOG comfortably, but given the lack of hype about him I assume that his performances at East Freo haven't been at the same level as the other highly touted players. Looks a good sort though, perfect for us given the way he wanted to carry and kick long all the time.

Morton looked very skillful and read the play nicely. Not sure whether he'll be an AFL KPP or more of a flanker/utility type. Loved his kicking though.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2007, 06:08:26 PM »
The game was on the wide expanses of Subi which would suit running types more. It'll be interesting how the kids go at Kardinia Park and Princes Park.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Ramps

« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2007, 06:34:02 PM »
Palmer was very very good but theres a difference between NAB Cup and AFL and its a big gap. I dont think he can improve majorly but players like Morton could be anything.

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2007, 08:29:34 AM »
cotchin, overrrated, when the heat was on he went missing, played well in teh 1st quarter and went to sleep

kruezer, would not waste no1 or 1st pick on him, was beaten by a fijian Natanui who is not even eligible yet

ok, palmer by what i saw is def no1 pick, masten no1, sampey no3, and WA have a few kids who are still under age who cream over our vic kids

thin draft this yr, not much depth and quality, we must focus hard on good  trades cos we wont get much from this yrs draft.

hope we get palmer or masten

going to have to disagree X. I feel that your opinions are very short-sighted.

One good game does not make a player, and likewise one bad game does not break a player.

Kids are drafted over a course of 1 to 2 seasons. And if you were to look over the games they play in that period they are bound to play a shocker or too. Unfortunately for Kreuzer and Cotchin it was at the U18 champs where many people are watching.

IMHO both Kreuzer and Cotchin have already proven themselves to be elite talents and top prospects.

BTW with Palmer I hope you mean drafting him later, def not worth a top 3 pick. Didn't you read one of the recruiters comments about Palmer "Just got himself drafted". Suggesting before his performance would probably have been a late option or fringe prospect

Ramps

« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2007, 11:14:39 AM »
Im a wrap for picking young Rance at 17 or 18. If we get the priority then Id trade one of 17 or 18 with a player to go higher in the draft.

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2007, 11:28:29 AM »
Im a wrap for picking young Rance at 17 or 18. If we get the priority then Id trade one of 17 or 18 with a player to go higher in the draft.

yes, Rance looks like a good young tall. Henderson is another that I really like  :thumbsup