Author Topic: Staff  (Read 1472 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Staff
« on: August 01, 2006, 10:33:05 PM »
Staff's nearing the end of his footy career (presumably in 5 weeks time) so good on him for reaching 200 games.

His time at Tigerland won't be remembered much for his footy but thanks for the best two "collisions" by a Tiger since Scotty Turner's famous shirtfront on O'Donnell in the 95 SF. First on Everitt that turned a 51 point deficit and on Saturday on Goddard. Both within the rules too lol. We'll miss having someone out there who intimidates opposition players. Staff's probably the only one on our list.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2007, 04:13:23 PM by one-eyed »
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Congrats to Staff - 200 games
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2006, 07:41:56 AM »
Also remembered for the female stalker.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Staff to retire
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2006, 05:09:52 PM »
200 and out?
2:31:11 PM Fri 4 August, 2006
Mark Rasmussen
Sportal for afl.com.au

On the eve of his 200th game, Richmond ruckman Greg Stafford, has given his best indication yet that he will retire at the end of this year.

Speaking at training from Punt Road on Friday, Stafford admitted he is just about ready to hang up his boots.

"I'll give you the old party line, we'll sit down at the end of the year and discuss it and if you don't tell anyone, it's more likely than unlikely," Stafford said.

"You get a sense of when your time's up and perhaps that's closer than not closer," he said.

Full article at: http://richmondfc.com.au/default.asp?pg=news&spg=display&articleid=286561

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2006, 05:57:11 PM »
Good on Staff for being honest. Being a 200 AFL gamer is something to be proud of. All the best to him in whatever future plans he has for himself.

PuntRdRoar

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2006, 07:17:53 PM »
Will leave a fair wack in the salary cap. I'd reckon staff would of been on about 350-400 big ones. Hes been a good player for us, sadly most of our team dont have the footy smarts that Staff has.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2006, 10:38:54 PM »
We picked Staff up as part of the deal to offload Daffy and the $$$ he was on. From memory we were paying the Swans some percentage of Daffy's contract. So I don't think Staff would be on that much. We needed $$$ at that time to pay for Gas' and Holland's new contracts  :banghead.

PuntRdRoar

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2006, 11:15:06 PM »
If Krak was given (supposedly) 250 then Id reckon Staff was on 350 for sure.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Stafford calls 'cut' on career (The Age)
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2006, 02:26:17 AM »
Stafford calls 'cut' on career
Emma Quayle
The Age
August 5, 2006

GREG Stafford suspects he will work as a builder next year, not a footballer, and will leave the game and its unpredictable reporting system at what he believes is the right time.

Stafford, who has not felt like an integral member of the Richmond side lately and intends to retire on his own terms, took a line from Tom Hanks to describe the tribunal appearance that threatened to lop two late games from his career this week.

The ruckman will play his 200th game against the Western Bulldogs after the tribunal overturned the two-match suspension offered him by the match review panel on Monday.

"You never know what you're going to get. It's a bit like a line out of the Forrest Gump movie, with the box of chocolates, isn't it?" said Stafford yesterday.

Asked whether the game had been "soft", the 31-year-old, who has made several trips to the tribunal and received a two-match ban for "jumper-punching" Sydney ruckman Jason Ball last season, said he was approaching the end of his career at a good time.

"Put it this way, I'm comfortable that I'm leaving the game at the right time," Stafford said. "What is it, October 31 that they can't get their calls in to me? Speak to me November 1 and I'll give you an expose, an exclusive.

"We'll go to town on everyone. At the moment I'm just going to keep button-lipped."

Stafford's reprieve, and teammate Troy Simmonds' one-week suspension for striking, will make the former Sydney player Richmond's No. 1 ruckman for one of the first times this year.

He said the Tigers were still chasing a finals spot and, despite sitting two wins outside the top eight, believed themselves capable of making it to September.

"You don't play to make up the numbers; you play to be an integral part of the whole situation. You talk about football in general, and maybe I haven't felt like I've been an integral part," Stafford said.

"Maybe that's why I'm thinking perhaps this is the last one. You only play to be an integral member of anything you do, and if you're not, you're a passenger and there's no use being around.

"We're still a finals chance and we've got to win. We're still thinking like that. It's only when you're outside of calculation you go down that road."

Stafford, who moved to Richmond from the Swans in 2002, nominated age, form, "the fact that I've been doing it for a while" and his outside interests as reasons he was more likely than not to retire at the end of the season.

In the process of acquiring his building license, Stafford has finally finished a short film script about the day in the life of a 20-cent coin and may yet film it. "Stay tuned, it may just appear one day," he said.

http://www.realfooty.theage.com.au/realfooty/articles/2006/08/04/1154198332115.html

Offline the_boy_jake

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2006, 01:25:11 PM »
Got more respect for Greg than most. One of the few blokes on our list who does not look and act like a softkok. Seems like a good bloke to have a beer with.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Staff's stalker placed on bond (The Age)
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2007, 04:12:50 PM »
Also remembered for the female stalker.
Staff's female stalker has breached her intervention order ....

----------------------
Footballer's accused stalker placed on bond
Julia Medew
July 31, 2007 - 3:35PM
The Age

A 30-year-old woman accused of stalking former Richmond ruckman Greg Stafford has breached a court order preventing her from approaching the club's headquarters.

Joanne Cramer, of Cheltenham, appeared at Melbourne Magistrates Court today, charged with breaching an intervention order that was granted by the court in May last year.

Stafford, who retired at the end of last season, expressed fear and outrage when Cramer evaded security to run onto the MCG towards him at the end of a game in August 2002.

Television cameras captured Stafford pushing Cramer, whom he who later described as a "serial pest", after she walked alongside him in the aftermath of the Tigers' 14-point win over the Hawks.

The court heard Cramer breached the order, prohibiting her from going within 500 metres of Richmond Football Club on Punt Road, in June last year when she called the club asking for Stafford.

Prosecutor Steve Ford said despite not being put through to him on the phone, Cramer was seen in the reception area of the football club two hours later.

"She remained in the reception area of the football club for a short time and then left," he said.

Senior Constable Ford said when asked by police why she had breached the order, Cramer replied: "Because I'm worried about him. I care about him. I love him."

A lawyer for Cramer, Susan Powell, said her client wanted to move on.

"This is the only breach... She is very keen to put this matter behind her. When I say that, I don't just mean the court matter but the entire matter," Ms Powell said.

Magistrate Leslie Fleming adjourned the hearing for 12 months and placed Cramer on a bond ordering her to comply with the intervention order and any medical treatment she is receiving.

http://www.theage.com.au/news/national/footballers-accused-stalker-placed-on-bond/2007/07/31/1185647886073.html

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
Re: Staff
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2007, 08:49:04 PM »
What a Bunny Boiler! She seriously needs :help

We could tell her that Staff is now working out of the Lexus centre and has been known to wear a gold jacket from time to time at games. Joffa should turn her off men forever! :pray

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Staff
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2007, 09:12:30 PM »
What a Bunny Boiler! She seriously needs :help

We could tell her that Staff is now working out of the Lexus centre and has been known to wear a gold jacket from time to time at games. Joffa should turn her off men forever! :pray
;D

There was a great shot of Joffa near the end of the Pies v Bris game sitting there with his arms crossed, silent and not a very happy camper :lol.