Author Topic: Tigerland Tashes  (Read 1923 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Tigerland Tashes
« on: November 02, 2007, 04:33:01 AM »
It's time to emulate the Tigers of old
Warwick Green | The Age | November 2, 2007

CAN somebody rush a copy of this to Terry Wallace?

I reckon I've stumbled onto something big. Richmond has played in only three finals campaigns since it won the flag in 1980, and maybe this is why.

Look at some of the names in that famous premiership outfit: Michael Roach, Dale Weightman, David Cloke, Emmett Dunne, Bryan Wood, Jimmy Jess, Mick Malthouse. Even the coach, Tony Jewell. They all had tashes.

Now take a look at this year's wooden-spooner Tigers. The best they can offer is a couple of wispy caterpillars on the upper lips of Richard Tambling and Andy Krakouer. Forget the five-year plan, it's time to put some work into the five o'clock shadow.

Now, leading the way, as he has at Punt Road for more than a decade, is Matthew Richardson. "Richo" had a close shave yesterday, and that will be it for the month of "Movember", as he and thousands of men around the country "grow a mo" to raise awareness and funds for men's health issues. "They showed me a book with a few of the different styles in it, and there were some you just wouldn't go near," Richo said yesterday. "I'm going to have a crack at 'the major', it's a pretty stock-standard one. Last year, I went for a bit of a handlebar number."

So does he anticipate looking like a genuine 1970s Australian cricketer by the end of the month, or is he more in the Tambling tash category? "'No, it comes up all right. I wouldn't say it's particularly lush. In fact, there's a bit of a ginger tinge, which is a worry."

Now someone at Punt Road just needs to convince the big fella not to shave it off before next September. On second thought, maybe Wallace already has cottoned on to the whole theory. After all, the Tigers did bolster their upper-lip department by recruiting Jordan McMahon last month.

Crowe about the Mo

RICHO is not the only bloke in the sporting world planning to tash up. Former Tigers captain and president Neville Crowe will revive his mo, while Hawthorn president Jeff Kennett has pledged to subject Felicity to a month of pash rash. Several players from the Brisbane Lions and Port Adelaide have pledged to join the Republic of Movember. Lote Tuquiri and several Wallabies teammates are in on it, as are a few of the V8 supercars drivers. As of 7pm yesterday, though, it could not be established whether there was any truth to the rumour that former Melbourne captain Garry Lyon had pledged to shave and regrow his monobrow.

http://www.theage.com.au/news/sport/its-time-to-emulate-the-tigers-of-old/2007/11/01/1193619059698.html?page=fullpage#contentSwap1

Online wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
Re: Tigerland Tashes
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2007, 08:49:48 AM »
Maybe Jordy McMahon was drafted for this very reason....
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline Mini Tiger

• Future Richmond star
  • Is that a change on the horizon?
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2007, 09:46:00 AM »
Well, it could work...  ;D

I reckon Richo looks interesting with a mo.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2007, 06:03:59 AM »
Just a few moes in 1980 lol.

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd