Author Topic: Liar Liar  (Read 3548 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Liar Liar
« on: January 15, 2008, 05:46:54 PM »
Males are the biggest liars apparently  :blah

-----------------------------
All our pants are on fire
Herald Sun
January 15, 2008 12:00am

THEY say that anyone who claims he always tells the truth is a liar. And a survey seems to have confirmed that.

Those interviewed admitted an average of four fibs a day - five by men and three by women.

"Nothing's wrong - I'm fine," is the most frequent, with 28 per cent of those interviewed saying it was their favourite untruth.

Next comes "Nice to see you", followed by "I haven't got any cash on me", "I'll give you a ring", "Sorry, I missed your call", "We'll have to meet up soon" and "I'm on my way".

Worryingly for women, the classic, "No, your bum doesn't look big in that", is the eighth most common fib.

The rest of the top 20 are: "I'm stuck in traffic", "What text?", "I had no signal", "Of course I love you", "Our server was down", "My alarm didn't go off," "The cheque is in the post", "My battery died", "The train was delayed", "I'll phone you back in a minute", "This tastes delicious" and "I'm going to the gym tonight".

Four lies a day adds up to 1460 a year or almost 88,000 in the average 60-year adult life.

Most lies are to work colleagues, followed by parents, then partners.

The survey was carried out for the drinks brand WKD, whose spokesman said: "Fortunately most of the fibs we unearthed are only white lies.

"But it's men who tell the most fibs, coming out with five every day compared with women who lie just three times."

One in five males said he would lie to his girlfriend to go to the pub and almost a quarter of men have told a partner she looked good in an outfit, despite thinking the opposite.

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,23053911-662,00.html