Author Topic: What's your expectations of our new Tigers for 2008?  (Read 1352 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
What's your expectations of our new Tigers for 2008?
« on: December 13, 2007, 05:09:10 AM »
What's your expectations for each of the newbies in 2008?

McMahon
Morton
Cotchin
Rance
Putt
Gourdis
Collard
Silvester
Cartledge

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: What's your expectations of our new Tigers for 2008?
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2007, 08:23:35 AM »
Lots of hard work.

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2007, 09:10:54 AM »

McMahon - Solid HBFer but he cant expect to just walk into this team with Newman and Raines around.

Morton - Should be a starter on the HFF in round 1.  I'd like to think he'll play all games.

Cotchin - 22 game player except for injuries which I think he will get thanks to his slight frame and will go HFF on the other side to MM.

Rance - 6-8 games.  Start him at Coburg and then unleash him at RFC for a few games.

Putt - Coburg unless injuries make him an option.

Gourdis - Coburg

All the rookies chance depend on who is on the injury list but I'd like to think Collard will dominate at Coburg.

Collard
Silvester
Cartledge
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2007, 09:39:43 AM »

McMahon - Provide additional run off the half back line and link up play to our forwards. Free up either Newman (preferably) or Bowden to play in the midfield or forwardline which will add experience and strength to those areas.

I expect he will not be a tremendous one-on-one backman and will need to be played on the smaller/weaker backman where he can exploit his natural running game.

I think at the very least he will add a new dimension to the team and assist in freeing up other players.

Morton - Struggle initially. Forwards are at the whim of the delivery of the midfielders in many ways and Richo still demands the ball which does limit the opportunities of players like Mitch in many ways.

I hope to see him looling for space, creating opportunities for others and giving us 1 or 2 goals a game until he finds his niche.

Cotchin - Will burst on the scene with afew incredible sequences of play but will be relatively quiet otherwise while he develops the body size and maturity to compete against the other midfielders of the competition. Will begin, like Lids, on the wing which will allow him to use his run and beautiful kicking skills to deliver the ball into our F50.

Rance - 5 to 10 games depending upon his Coburg form and injuries. Will probably not play until halfway through the year but will show a lot early.

Putt - Coburg switching between forward and ruck.

Gourdis - Coburg but may play later in the season after carving up the VFL over a number of weeks.

Collard - Coburg but will claim a spot halfway throught the season and may be a surprize inclusion for the remainder of the year.

Silvester - Coburg, will gets a few games 3/4 way through year if VFL form warrants it.

Cartledge - Coburgs 2nds.

Stripes

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2007, 10:36:51 AM »
McMahon rediscover his form of 05-06
Morton cement a place in the best 22, 30+ goals off a HFF would be nice
Cotchin play 10+ games and show the reason why he was so highly rated
Rance be a solid performer at the Burgers and be in contention of senior selection at least towards the end of the year
Putt break into the Coburgs 1sts
Gourdis play really good footy for the burgers in the forward line to put the pinch on Sarge and Hughes
Collard play good enough footy to demand senior selection and promotion to the senior list
Silvester play good footy and provide competition for spots with Thursty, McGuane and Polak
Cartledge provide good backup for Ronaldson at the Burgers

don't want to place too much expectation on the newbies, anything they produce on top of what i hope for is a real bonus

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2007, 11:37:42 AM »
NFI really.

Would hope Cotchin can come in for a few games. Hard for a kid to step up to AFL level and it not take a toll on a young body in the first year at least.
Don't really now much, apart from what I read on these sites about the other guys (Haven't seen them play).
Like the look and sound of Rance and hope he has a reasonably solid year at Coburg 1sts.
Morton is a funny one at least to me, never really noticed him at the weagles. The way everyone goes on sounds like a good thing, but for some reason I have doubts.

McMahon another in that basket, was ok to good at the dogs but poohouse last year and a few bullies have had a couple of little digs about this one ?

Silvester deserved a shot but think he is just a good VFL player.

Really struggled with work and commitments to get to Coburg games last year.
Will be making more of an effort to have a look at them at least a few times next year. Sounds promising. 
Like to see these kids first hand, cause stats don't tell the full story.  :santa

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2007, 04:31:04 PM »
McMahon - Play 22 games barring injury. Same role he had at the doggies which frees up Rainesy into the midfield.

Morton - hope he cements a place in our best 22 by the end of the year. It won't surprise me if he starts off at Coburg. Didn't set the world on fire at the Eagles.

Cotchin - If he can play 10-12 games and show signs of his class then that'll be a good debut year IMO.

Rance - around 4 games (a taste) probably midway through the year and the rest in defence at Coburg.

Putt - Ruckman usually take the longest to develop so he might play some Coburg ressies footy as well as seniors. He'll be competing with Gus (depending on how many AFL games Gus plays) and Cartledge for the ruck spot alongside Ronaldson at Coburg.

Gourdis - Similar to Rance. Development year at Coburg and depending on form and injury to senior teammates maybe a taste of a game or two of AFL footy.

The rest as rookies will only get a go if a teammate of similar type suffers a long-term injury (touchwood we have more luck with serious injuries this year  :pray ). Hope they all show good form at the Burgers so they are ready if the opportunity arises.

Collard - replace a injured HFF or small forward
Silvester - replace a injured key defender
Cartledge - replace a injured ruck
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2007, 06:47:39 PM »
Cotchin - should start round 1. Is in the Deledio/Cooney/Murphy/Gibbs bracket, best midfeilder of his crop. Will be a joke if we go with a Hyde/Howat/Tivendale type dud instead of him. Cotchin/Deledio = new era.

Rance - If Polak plays forward next year, there is not reason Rance shouldn't be able to play in the backline. I expect THursfeild/McGaune/Rance will be the future looks our defence. Moore, Silvester and Gourdis will also be looking at his spot in the side. Nice to have some KPP deapth. U24.

Putt - won't play. 5th choice ruckman atm with Cartledge being 4t pre-season ahead development wise.

Gourids - hopfully rips is up for the Burgers, spending half his rime at FF/CHB.

Collard + Morton - Too classy for the VFL.

McMahon - will be our best 10 players if get near 2006 form

« Last Edit: December 13, 2007, 08:17:57 PM by Bentleigh-esque »

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2007, 08:14:59 PM »
McMahon - would expect nothing less than 18-22 games. To justify the trade

Morton - Will surprsie and play 20+ games

Cotchin - will start in the seniors, drop off nid season and be back in the seniors near the end of the season. 12-15 games

Rance - will play some senior games but will learn the ropes at Coburg

Putt - long term prospect and I don't see him playing much in the ruck in his first year at VFL level. Don't expect him to AFL in 2008 and think he will start in the VFL ressies

Gourdis - will play senior AFL footy - 3-5 games

Collard
- we losea mid fileder and we will be promoted in a heartbeat.

Silvester -Can see him playing AFL if we lose a tall long term

Cartledge - cannot see him getting promoted at all. Unless they all go down
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)