Author Topic: Paul Roos to coach West Coast if Worsfold quits: Ch 7  (Read 1518 times)

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Paul Roos to coach West Coast if Worsfold quits: Ch 7
« on: July 17, 2013, 06:52:13 PM »
Ch 7 news tonight saying Roos is not interested in the Melbourne gig but would take on the West Coast job for 2014 if Worsfold steps down this year.

According to Mark Stevens on Ch 7 news tonight, Worsfold is the highest paid coach in the AFL at $1.2 million plus marketing; Roos would be paid $1.5 million. Small change for the Eagles.

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Paul Roos to coach West Coast if Worsfold quits: Ch 7
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2013, 07:56:37 PM »
It was mentioned on "around the grounds" on SEN harftime that Roos perhaps wasnt interested in the melbourne job but may be intrested in the west coast job. Aledgley he is not interested in coaching a team where he cant get a turnaround or results within 12 months.

Smart bloke, could take west coast straight back intonfinals even if some of the oldies retire or convince them to have one last crack.
They ( harf and Tim Gosage) also said that worsfold looks like he mY not be 100% into the job at the moment, and come to think of it I agree with that last point.
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

gerkin greg

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2013, 09:39:54 AM »
Roos doesn't want to live or coach in Victoria

If Worsfold or Voss go, the big Rooter is ready to go

Offline tdy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2013, 05:15:46 PM »
I can understand not wanting to coach a Vic team.  The unrelenting media coverage would just ruin your life.  Get seen drinking the wrong type of Latte in Fitzroy and you'll be persona non grata for months.  Its hilarious to watch the media eat someone alive (James Hird, Fevola, Ben Cousins etc etc) as long as your not the one being eaten.  He raises one more notch in my estimation of him if he does go to WC.