Author Topic: Top 10 American sitcoms  (Read 4775 times)

bushranger

Re: Top 10 American sitcoms
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2009, 07:51:28 PM »
Didn't like Everyone love Raymond at first but I am liking the rerun of the rerun, now for some reason.
And I like My name is Earl. Great show.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2009, 09:12:13 AM »
I didn't get Seinfeld straight away so I can understand other people not getting it either. It took about watching 2-3 episodes to catch on and then I was hooked. Whereas Everyone loves Raymond was close to home. Some greater family members are very similar to the characters in the show ;D.

With Seinfeld, I actually stuck with it for nearly an entire season and just kepy thinking why am I bothering with this....

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Moi

« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2009, 09:50:37 AM »
I didn't get Seinfeld straight away so I can understand other people not getting it either. It took about watching 2-3 episodes to catch on and then I was hooked. Whereas Everyone loves Raymond was close to home. Some greater family members are very similar to the characters in the show ;D.

With Seinfeld, I actually stuck with it for nearly an entire season and just kepy thinking why am I bothering with this....

We must have the same comedy blood in our veins, WP, I didn't even bother with a season, just one episode lol.  It's not for me.

If any of you can get hold of George Burns and Gracie Allen, it's old, but the humour is priceless and timeless.  She is just adorable.

I don't like any of these shows, but a complete list of American sitcoms can't be without Lucy, Dick Van Dyke, Danny Thomas et al.  They were institutions in the States in the '60s and can't believe they didn't make the list.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2009, 01:51:47 PM »

You had one thing in common with Seinfeld. He didn't like Newman either  ;D.

I've never been a big fan of American comedy shows (classic British comedy rules) but I loved Seinfeld and how they took subtleties of normal life situations and took it to the extreme.

Agree Moi about George Burns and Gracie Allen. She played "dumb" very funnily  ;D.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd