Author Topic: Fan in Wallace excited over finals (RFC)  (Read 545 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Fan in Wallace excited over finals (RFC)
« on: August 07, 2008, 02:32:04 PM »
Fan in Wallace excited over finals
richmondfc.com.au
By Mic Cullen
Thu 07 August, 2008

THE RACE for the finals is exciting for any footy fan, and AFL coaches are not immune.

Terry Wallace admits he's excited by August, and not just because he's controlling a footy club that's still in the mix for September action.

Despite the weekend's loss to Geelong, the Tigers are in 10th, just half a game behind the eighth-placed but free-falling Magpies.

"It's exciting. I mean, I love my footy. I'm an unabashed footy person, apart from being a coach, and you love to pick up the fixture on a Friday and go: 'I've got to have a look at that game on a Sunday arvo, and got to have a look at that game'," he said.

"You know that there's a fair bit hanging on those games – the Brisbane-Kangaroos game on the weekend, we were playing at exactly the same time, but you pinch a couple of looks at the scoreboard to see how tight and how close those matches are.

"I think it's exciting for all footy fans that it's coming down to that type of season.

"I just think it makes the last few weeks a heck of a lot more exciting."

The Tigers face the Crows in Adelaide this week, and Wallace said the team's good record on the road this season would help in the leadup to the match.

"It helps, it honestly does help, because the guys sit back and go: 'we know that we've played OK when we've played away from home'.

"So from that point of view, we'll go over there with some positivity and go over with a relative degree of confidence. But we still know that there's a big job needing to be done against a side that's inside the eight, that beat us comfortably on our own home ground earlier in the year, so there's a bit of work still to be done."

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/Season2007/News/NewsArticle/tabid/6301/Default.aspx?newsId=64994

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Fan in Wallace excited over finals (RFC)
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2008, 03:45:57 PM »
It is exciting to be in the mix at this stage of the year instead of already looking to the draft at year's end. Even if we miss the 8 this year I believe we are well and truly going in the right direction now with some real promise of finals football next year.

It was a real hollow feeling last year to finish last but still miss out on the No.1 draft pick. I'm sick of finishind down the bottom and am glad we are starting to win back a bit of respect from the football public. 2009 - finals....2011 - start of consistent era of success! Now where have I heard that stated before?  :-X :gotigers

Stripes