Author Topic: Coburg vs North Ballarat  (Read 3822 times)

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Coburg vs North Ballarat
« Reply #30 on: August 04, 2008, 12:53:11 PM »
Got this from a poster on another forum.  Happy to pass on link and details if required.

Smokey,

Please supply the link to where this came from.

Firstly, it is common internet courtesy and secondly failure to do is plagarism.

Thanks
WP

With all due respect WP, I don't need a lesson on common internet courtesy.  I believe my conduct on this forum will attest to that.   I offered the link for anyone that was interested - you have asked - here it is:

http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/tiger-talk/message/87375

And plagiarism?

From the Dictionary.com website:
1.   the unauthorized use or close imitation of the language and thoughts of another author and the representation of them as one's own original work.
2.   something used and represented in this manner.

Or from the Webster site:
 transitive verb   : to steal and pass off (the ideas or words of another) as one's own : use (another's production) without crediting the source   intransitive verb   : to commit literary theft : present as new and original an idea or product derived from an existing source

Please point out where I did anything of the sort.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #31 on: August 04, 2008, 03:52:33 PM »
With all due respect WP, I don't need a lesson on common internet courtesy.  I believe my conduct on this forum will attest to that.   I offered the link for anyone that was interested - you have asked - here it is:

http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/tiger-talk/message/87375

And plagiarism?

From the Dictionary.com website:
1.   the unauthorized use or close imitation of the language and thoughts of another author and the representation of them as one's own original work.
2.   something used and represented in this manner.

Or from the Webster site:
 transitive verb   : to steal and pass off (the ideas or words of another) as one's own : use (another's production) without crediting the source   intransitive verb   : to commit literary theft : present as new and original an idea or product derived from an existing source

Please point out where I did anything of the sort.

Smokey,

I didn't mean to offend and at no point was being critical of your conduct on the forum. You offered to post the link if it was required I simply asked for you to do that and tried to explain why.

Perhaps my explanation didn't come across the right way :-\

I refer to point 2 our posting guidelines which may explain it better

2.  Plagiarism: will not and cannot be allowed. If you are posting threads that are direct copies from other sites (eg Real Footy, RFC website etc) and this includes other “unofficial” sites you must quote the source/link. Also, we request that if you use information from this site as discussion topics on other forums that you quote OER as the source and post the appropriate link. Due to legal requirements failure to quote the correct source/link will result in the post being either edited if we can locate the source or removed.

http://oneeyed-richmond.com/forum//index.php?PHPSESSID=a552342c4607e5faeee043e896e1946a&topic=13.msg110255#new

I agree at no point did you claim the words you posted as your own nor did I accuse you of plagiarism

But being the grey area that plagiarism is especially on internet forums, we always err on the side of caution request links

As I said all I tried to do was explain why a link needed to be posted.

Again I apologise if I offended that was not my intent

WP

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #32 on: August 04, 2008, 04:57:55 PM »

But being the grey area that plagiarism is especially on internet forums, we always err on the side of caution request links

As I said all I tried to do was explain why a link needed to be posted.

WP

All good WP.  I probably over-reacted and I see your point.  I'll post the link in future and then no need for any concern.   :thumbsup

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #33 on: August 04, 2008, 05:44:46 PM »
Did Cleve Hughes play in the Seniors ?

Did David Gourdis play in the Reserves ?

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #34 on: August 04, 2008, 06:22:49 PM »
Did Cleve Hughes play in the Seniors ?

Did David Gourdis play in the Reserves ?

No

and

No
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #35 on: August 04, 2008, 09:11:10 PM »
Shame those we'd hope could push up for selection after some good VFL form in recent weeks - Connors, Meyer, Gus - were fairly quiet by the sound it. All probably showing they need a full preseason.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Beren

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #36 on: August 05, 2008, 03:07:10 PM »
Any news on Dean Putt?
In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Match report - Coburg vs North Ballarat (Coburg site)
« Reply #37 on: August 05, 2008, 07:16:52 PM »
Match Report Vs. North Ballarat
by Glenn Robertson
coburgtigers.com.au

The boys lined up against North Ballarat on Sunday at Austar Arena. The Roosters sat atop of the ladder and were slight favourites heading into the game, although the Burgers had a strong team in, with a number of Richmond listed players in the line-up.

Unfortunately Coburg’s brilliant run over the past couple of weeks came to an end as the boys were beaten by a fired up North Ballarat side.  In a fairly low scoring game the Burgers were behind for most of the day and ended up six goals in the rear when the final siren sounded.

Jarrod Silvester continued on his brilliant mid year patch of form with a fine display holding down the backline. The score line could have be a lot worse had it not been for Silvester and James Keogh at Centre Half Back, as the two put a halt to many forward surges from the Roosters.

¼ Time: Coburg 2.2 (14)   North Ballarat 3.4 (22)

The Burgers had their lowest scoring first half for the year, as they had only booted three majors in the first half. But the good side of it was the backline had held up really well and only let through six goals due to their immense pressure.

Greg Tivendale was again pivotal for Coburg, and Cam Howat also played well, his pressure around the ball was superb. The Tigers went into half time four goals down.

½ Time: Coburg 3.2 (20)   North Ballarat 6.8 (44)

The Burger boys came out fired up in the third term, and in a very physical quarter only three goals were kicked; two of them by Coburg. Nick Carnell could be found at the bottom of almost every pack that formed and also collected a lot of the ball. Christian McErlain was also a standout player in one of his best games for the season.

The boys came out of the three quarter time huddle confident they could pull off a victory.

¾ Time: Coburg 5.6 (36)   North Ballarat 7.14 (56)

The Roosters showed why they were the top team in the final term, as they added six goals for the quarter and shut out any sniff of a victory that the Burgers had.

Angus Graham was Coburg’s only multiple goal kicker, as he mad the most of his opportunities pushing forward to kick two majors.

Although the boys lost, they showed enough to suggest they will be a major threat come finals time, and that they could match it with the best. The Burgers are back at home this week, ABD Group Stadium, on Saturday against the Northern Bullants starting at 2pm. The match will be of high importance with finals just around the corner, as both teams are on 32 points.

Coburg Tigers  2.2  3.2  5.6      8.9 (57)
North Ballarat  3.4  6.8  7.14  13.18 (96)

Goal Kickers: A. Graham 2, M. Coughlan, N. Carnell, P. Shelton, J. Gazzo, D. Putt, A. Collins

Best Players: J. Silvester, J. Keogh, N. Carnell, G. Tivendale, C. McErlain, C. Howat

RESERVES

The Reserves had their tightest match o f the season on Sunday, coming away with only a five point win. But for most of the game even that looked unlikely. The boys found themselves 28 points down at three quarter time, but prevailed in a gutsy win after a fantastic last quarter.

Nick Liddle and Nat Caruso were standout players for the Burgers while Clayton Collard and Josh Jones kicked seven majors between them

Coburg Tigers   1.3   3.5    6.10    12.15 (87)
North Ballarat   4.0   5.2   12.2     13.4 (82)

Goal Kickers: C. Collard 4, J. Jones 3, N. Caruso 2, N. Lynch, P. Currie, T. Dulic

Best Players: N. Caruso, N. Liddle, C. Collard, S. Robertson, T. Dulic, N. Cattapan

http://coburgtigers.com.au/

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #38 on: August 07, 2008, 02:40:24 PM »
Stats snippet from EOTT:

Tivs    26 disposals with 17 handball receives
Cogs   21 disposals
Polo     19 disposals but with some basic skill errors
Collins 18 disposals
Meyer  17 disposals - serviceable game

Alex Rance - Produced his best four-quarter performance for several weeks.  Was solid in the backline early on, before being swung forward, where he became a major contributor.  Showing good signs of improvement.

JON - "His ball use and decision making also were very good."

Full summary of each Coburg RFC player at EOTT (members only):
http://210.50.4.102/rfc/