Author Topic: Gary March and an election  (Read 2091 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Gary March and an election
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2008, 09:31:17 PM »
Bumping this up given Mike's articles in the Herald-Sun today.
I'm as confused as ever.  Mike's article was good, but what can the supporter make of it.
As per usual, we're in the dark, not sure of what's really happening.
What Sugar says sounds pretty spot on, but do we want another election?
Up until Free landing on the board, everything was going well, the board supported the coach.
Something has changed it appears  :banghead
Seems March wants to install a corporate heirarchy from top to bottom throughout the club. Players answerable to the senior coach who is answerable to the footy manager who is answerable to the President and the Board and specifically the footy committee. The power of decision making in all areas within the footy dept shifted to the footy manager to which the list manager and recruiter are also answerable to yet are seperate from the senior coach and coaching staff. Getting rid of Miller first off the board and then altogether allows this to occur.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2008, 10:24:03 PM »
 The coach has input but not the footprint.  

I suppose this is what concerned with the interviews yesterday HK.

The way I took what was said was that Wallace wont even have "input" into the list management.

How is that workable seeing the coach "coaches" the list?

Surely the coach has to have some sort of input into the management of the list?

As I said that is how I took it, perhaps that wasn't what was meant but that how it sounded to me
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline HKTiger

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2008, 02:27:38 AM »
 The coach has input but not the footprint.  

I suppose this is what concerned with the interviews yesterday HK.

The way I took what was said was that Wallace wont even have "input" into the list management.

How is that workable seeing the coach "coaches" the list?

Surely the coach has to have some sort of input into the management of the list?

As I said that is how I took it, perhaps that wasn't what was meant but that how it sounded to me
WP,

Agreed.  However, given that OER or MT reported a Brian Royal radio interview the other day where Brian said (and I paraphrase), "we're meeting next week to discuss the list and it's structure" I have believed that Terry has input but not the footprint.  As I didn't hear the interviews on the weekend I can't comment on whether things have changed or not.  I can't believe that any change is so drastic as to exclude the coaching groups input.

So some messages from the very recent past 9last two weeks or so) contradict some impressions from the weekend.  I will admit to trying to glean a position from an overall picture rather than one or two isolated interviews, where even teh best interviewees can be mis-construed.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2008, 01:32:26 PM »
Agreed.  However, given that OER or MT reported a Brian Royal radio interview the other day where Brian said (and I paraphrase), "we're meeting next week to discuss the list and it's structure" I have believed that Terry has input but not the footprint.  As I didn't hear the interviews on the weekend I can't comment on whether things have changed or not.  I can't believe that any change is so drastic as to exclude the coaching groups input.

So some messages from the very recent past 9last two weeks or so) contradict some impressions from the weekend.  I will admit to trying to glean a position from an overall picture rather than one or two isolated interviews, where even teh best interviewees can be mis-construed.

True.

I do recall what Mr OER said regarding the Royal interview and yes he did say that they meeting to discuss the list & structure. I just hope Cameron was in on that meeting ;D

I have always viewed list management as being more about the contract side of things rather than who we should cut, trade or recruit. I would think the managment of who stays, goes and comes in should be done in consultation between the list manager, head recruiter and match committee.

The coach should be able to say I want this type of player and to get this player I am prepared to give up player A,B or C and 2nd round draft pick. That's the sort of consultation I am talking about. A wish list if you like

Personally, I don't think the coach should have any say in how much a player gets paid but I do think he should have a say in who sticks around and who goes

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)