Author Topic: Paul Roos takes swipe at up and coming sides outside the top 8 (Age)  (Read 566 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Roos stays, takes swipe at Carlton
Caroline Wilson | September 3, 2008

"For a team that everyone says is too old, I would say we are better than Richmond or Carlton or Essendon," Roos said. "We might finish 16th next year but no one tipped us to make the eight this year and, right now, I'm probably better placed than Matthew Knights or Brett Ratten.

"I just find it extraordinary that people celebrate teams that finish ninth, 10th, 11th and 12th. You might as well have a cut-off and just have a top four. I keep reading about what a great season Carlton had. Where did they finish? It really is extraordinary."

http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/news/roos-stays-takes-swipe-at-carlton/2008/09/02/1220121235255.html?page=fullpage#contentSwap1

bushranger

Re: Paul Roos takes swipe at up and coming sides outside the top 8 (Age)
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2008, 09:37:55 AM »
He make a vaild point about Carton. But he has got an old team that will get over run in the finals. And I can see Hall getting rubbed out again as the other teams are going to push is buttons. I know I would go way to get the thug off the feild.