Author Topic: Either Wallace is up to it or not: Patrick Smith  (Read 6004 times)

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
Re: Either Wallace is up to it or not: Patrick Smith
« Reply #60 on: September 05, 2008, 01:00:50 PM »
Sorry, just getting mileage.  ;D  :-X

ps. I'm mostly in CUB's corner - for all Richmond forums. I reckon they're having fun on BB.
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott

Gordon Bennett

« Reply #61 on: September 05, 2008, 03:47:32 PM »

Maybe, but it would be nice to have March come out and say some of the stuff he's read in the media and on messageboards is garbage.

do you seriously think he has the time to read messageboards, or even the inclination?

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #62 on: September 05, 2008, 04:21:06 PM »
This is a waste of my time. Why on earth would TW walk - it's just illogical. He walked from his last coaching job because they club asked him to reduce his coaching staff to the bare minimum, bring players payments back to bare minimum and try and coach the team to success with barely any infa-structure at all. How could he have done anything under those circumstances?

This situation is radically different. He has had the support structures built up around him. He has money to play his players. He has built a list from the ground up which he desperately wishes to see come to fruition.

TW is not going anywhere and these type of rumours are nothing more than scare-mongering.

Until people have evidence other than - 'I heard' or ' I know someone who knows someone' stop wasting our time!  :sleep

Stripes

Offline Tiger Spirit

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #63 on: September 05, 2008, 07:13:32 PM »
A coach fighting for his future is vulnerable - no matter how drenched in integrity he is - to taking an expedient option rather than the one best placed to strengthen the club not momentarily but permanently.

If TW, or any coach, is more interested in saving his job, rather than doing his job properly, then it’s time to get out voluntarily, or get pushed.  Who does it serve otherwise, and for how long?

Fair call TS (nice to see you back btw :thumbsup) but I don't think he is interested in trying to save his job. I just think he wants to do his job. Surely he should have some say on who stays and who goes...

I haven't seen anywhere where he has asked asked for a contract extension. On the contrary when asked he has said they'd look at next year and the end of the current deal.

I've said a number of times I don't believe in contract extensions but even I am starting to think they should extend his contract now simply because I don't want to put up with the rumours & innuendo that are around now and we are likely to have to put up with for the next 10 months.

Isn't about the club and football?

Hey WP, ta for the welcome. :thumbsup  Been a while.

I was generally commenting about Patrick’s article, not suggesting anything about TW.  I have a thing about any coach trying to save his own job, whatever the circumstances and whoever he is.

What I've seen in the last week since the now imfamous "5/10" comment was made on Sunday is the media has gone into a frenzy, which when you think about it isn't a great surprise becuase we are talking about Richmond here...

The media and some supporters want things to go pear shape because it makes good "copy" for the media and they can say "what do you expect it's Richmond" and some suporters want it all to be true because they can feel good about themselves and say "I told you so"

For the first time in a very long time I actually see light at the end of this very long tunnel that we've been stuck in for nearly 30 years and from where I sit that's a GOOD thing

However, with what is going on at the moment I am now very afraid that the steps forward we've made this year in particular are about to be overshadowed by a giant leap backwards because the egos of a few threaten yet again to take over this Club - OUR CLUB

Surely RFC’s big enough to deal with the media stuff and leave it alone.  We know how they work, just get on with running the club and leave the media to do their thing.

I don’t see why RFC should be forced into making any decision it doesn’t need to.  If they want to wait until next year, for whatever reason, then they should stick to their guns.  And I’d be more disappointed if they made a decision because of outside pressures, rather than because it was in their plans.

What I've seen in the last week since the now imfamous "5/10" comment was made on Sunday is the media has gone into a frenzy, which when you think about it isn't a great surprise becuase we are talking about Richmond here...

The media and some supporters want things to go pear shape because it makes good "copy" for the media and they can say "what do you expect it's Richmond" and some suporters want it all to be true because they can feel good about themselves and say "I told you so"

For the first time in a very long time I actually see light at the end of this very long tunnel that we've been stuck in for nearly 30 years and from where I sit that's a GOOD thing

However, with what is going on at the moment I am now very afraid that the steps forward we've made this year in particular are about to be overshadowed by a giant leap backwards because the egos of a few threaten yet again to take over this Club - OUR CLUB

I understand your concern WP, but I take a different view, and think it’s healthy to question and challenge things, rather than just assume everything’s on track.  That sort of attitude didn’t help in the past.  And, for reasons I don’t understand, there didn’t seem to be enough questions asked in the past, of the right people, and is perhaps the reason we’re at this point now.

Whatever happens from hereon in, as long as it’s all done with professionalism, and for all the right reasons, then RFC should do things their own way, in their own time.  No need to be spooked by media or other outside influences.
Everything that is done in this world is done by hope.  --Martin Luther

The time you enjoy wasting isn’t wasted time.

Ox

« Reply #64 on: September 05, 2008, 07:29:47 PM »
challenging things is healthy but propaganda soaked rants can't be a positive thing.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #65 on: September 05, 2008, 07:32:17 PM »
Whatever happens from hereon in, as long as it’s all done with professionalism, and for all the right reasons, then RFC should do things their own way, in their own time.  No need to be spooked by media or other outside influences.

Agree TS but unfortunately there just seems to be a lack of professionalism at the moment and that's what really worries me
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline 3rogerd

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #66 on: September 05, 2008, 11:51:16 PM »

Agree TS but unfortunately there just seems to be a lack of professionalism at the moment and that's what really worries me

and professionalism starts at the top, perhaps this person is unable to deliver this and if so maybe he should go.