Author Topic: Jamie Charman?  (Read 948 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Jamie Charman?
« on: October 02, 2008, 07:03:06 PM »
Apparently Charman will be put on the market by Brisbane according to 3aw tonight.

26 year old ruckman .......  any interest?

Offline fadoob

• Tiger Rookie
Re: Jamie Charman?
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2008, 07:06:15 PM »
absolutely!

but really he is their number one ruck, could this be true?

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2008, 07:09:17 PM »
Injury prone would be my biggest concern.  He is hard, accomplished and not too old but you have to question why he would be on the market.  He's a local, has a bit to do with the local scene/marketing up here and they don't appear to be overloaded with ruck options so hard to see why.

Offline Tiger Tragic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2008, 07:44:50 PM »
Doubt it...they gave away Wood last year.  Leuenberger, as good as he is, will struggle to carry the number one ruck role for a while.

The only thing I can think of is if Vossy doesn't have a great relationship with Charman...Voss' ego will always win over structured list management.

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2008, 07:47:48 PM »
Doubt it...they gave away Wood last year.  Leuenberger, as good as he is, will struggle to carry the number one ruck role for a while.

The only thing I can think of is if Vossy doesn't have a great relationship with Charman...Voss' ego will always win over structured list management.

Lucky we don't have a coach with a big ego, eh?

:lol

Ramps

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2008, 08:53:53 PM »
Tough hard aggressive ruckman, so I think we should be interested.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2008, 10:30:28 PM »
Charman is Simmo's age when he first arrived at Punt Rd so 26 isn't too old for a ruckman as that's when they hit their prime but like smokey I wonder if he is too injury prone now are years of Matthews' crash and bash gamestyle. Of course the other thing is cost in terms of picks. I wouldn't give up too much for grab him. If he came cheaply you'd have to consider him as an option. 
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2008, 10:37:02 PM »
Doesnt do enough around the ground for me !!!  Pass......

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2008, 10:59:33 PM »
if miller was still around you could bookmark we would have thrown all but the kitchen sink after him...I reckon he can play a bit, did well against us in the thriller at telstra dome...has some real mongrel about him but would come at a high cost, last yr was the chance to get him while we had leverage of PSD he's contracted now :-\
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2008, 05:01:34 AM »
In another surprise development yesterday, Brisbane has fielded strong interest for its No.1 ruckman Jamie Charman, despite the big man being contracted to the Lions for another three years.

Charman, who was sounded out by several clubs including the Tigers last year before re-signing with the Lions, has his admirers.

Charman's manager Paul Connors was adamant his client would remain with the Lions.

"He's contracted, he's going nowhere," Connors said.

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,24437818-5012432,00.html