Author Topic: Ramps Inside Football Analysis of Draft 2008  (Read 2082 times)

Ramps

Ramps Inside Football Analysis of Draft 2008
« on: November 17, 2008, 09:26:31 AM »
Based on what has been posted in this forum ie. AND The Inside Football descriptions lol. Now lets be honest the Inside Football descriptions should not be taken as gospel under any circumstances but it is a reference, and every year I go into draft day with a list of players usually less than or about 10 players who if they ended up at RFC I wouldnt be to disappointed about based on the IF descriptions. Its harder this year because of the picks we have 8 26 58 and 70. The idea is to come up with about 10 players that will be there at pick 8 but leave enough in reserve to see if you can pick a player at 58 or 70 from the list of 10.

Pick 8

Hamish Hartlett
Tyrone Vickery
Jackson Trengove
Tom Swift

Pick 26 to 58 and 70

Jordan Lisle
Rory Sloane
Kane Goodwin
Patrick Hayes
Joel Palumbo
Luke Thompson

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Ramps Inside Football Analysis of Draft 2008
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2008, 10:57:34 AM »
I dont know enough about the potentials to be able to have two lists but from what I have heard I would have Ziebell in the first and Roughead in the second.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2008, 08:37:20 PM »
Lisle will go before 26 IMO. The others in that pick 26+ group will be late selections or even rookies with maybe Sloane an outside chance of sneaking into the 2nd round of the National draft. Luke Thompson might be someone to lookout for late or as a rookie given he's a bottom-age KPP.

Mind you this is turning out to be the hardest draft to predict. It's deep and clubs preferences could have a number of these kids in the mid-late range of the draft going anywhere.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Ramps

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2008, 09:48:12 PM »
Based on descriptions given in IF I tried to put forward some names for 58 and 70 especially. Also trying to pick out some players for late picks I imagine isnt easy, especially when you only give yourself say 10 names as a maximum to do a list like this where you have to cover 4 picks covering 1 early pick, 1 mid range and 2 late picks.

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2008, 02:30:46 PM »
If Vickery has been taken I vote for Tregrove at 197cm, then McKenan, then Harlett.

Best Ruck first, but if taken KPP next and then Midfield if we have too.

Stripes

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2008, 07:15:46 PM »
Based on descriptions given in IF I tried to put forward some names for 58 and 70 especially. Also trying to pick out some players for late picks I imagine isnt easy, especially when you only give yourself say 10 names as a maximum to do a list like this where you have to cover 4 picks covering 1 early pick, 1 mid range and 2 late picks.
Fair enough Ramps. You're right it ain't easy especially this year. It's one of the most open drafts ever even at the top. It'd be a bonus if a kid predicted to go top 25 slipped down to 58 like Connors did in 2006  :pray.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2008, 08:13:13 PM »
I suspect that PA will take Harlett over Vickery because
1> He's a SA
2> Vickery could easily come home
3> Harlett will play next year - Already been nominated as the rising star by Healy
4> Vickery is a Ruckman and have been known to fail or not exceed even with big raps on them
5> Vickery did his Knee and if he did it again could he come back as a star

6> Because they always play games at PA

PS: the recovery report on Trengrove would suggest hes a big chance of going within the top 8 now