Author Topic: Who is our best player?  (Read 1058 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Who is our best player?
« on: November 20, 2008, 07:12:00 PM »
Francis Leach and Robbo were talking about our captaincy. Robbo praised Wallace and the RFC for selecting Newman who he rates highly and not doing the sentimental thing and making Richo captain for one year btw.

Anyway they then got onto Lids and Robbo said he is Richmond's best player. Richo was classed our most popular and our modern great but Lids is our best player and won our B&F to boot.

Your Thoughts?

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Who is our best player?
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2008, 07:21:47 PM »
Francis Leach and Robbo were talking about our captaincy. Robbo praised Wallace and the RFC for selecting Newman who he rates highly and not doing the sentimental thing and making Richo captain for one year btw.

Anyway they then got onto Lids and Robbo said he is Richmond's best player. Richo was classed our most popular and our modern great but Lids is our best player and won our B&F to boot.

Your Thoughts?
If the brownlow is any indication then Richo is our best player, but lids with his potential would have to surpass him.

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2008, 08:55:18 PM »

Your Thoughts?
If the brownlow is any indication then Richo is our best player, but lids with his potential would have to surpass him.

And Cotch has the potential to pass Lids.

Stripes

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2008, 09:06:51 AM »
Based on 2008 only I am going to go Lids (minutely over Richo) and as Stripes said the potential is all with Cotchin to be our best player

bushranger

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2008, 09:56:32 AM »
I'm going to go out on a linb here and I think I will get heaps of crap thrown my way but I will say Shane Tuck.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2008, 11:29:41 AM »
Best. Brett Deledio.

Most valuable is Troy Simmonds.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2008, 12:04:22 PM »
I'm going to go out on a linb here and I think I will get heaps of crap thrown my way but I will say Shane Tuck.

If I wasn't such a big fan of his sister I may have something to say  ;D

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2008, 02:02:51 PM »

First thought were the cho and lids then I thought about Tucky, not far of the mark really.

Richo wins
Lids has the potential to be pip him in 09 as long as Cotch doesn't take off like a rocket, which I think he will.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2008, 06:13:34 PM »
Based on this year Lids is our best as far as talent and consistency. I would still have Richo ahead of Lids as far as a matchwinner or changing the momentum of a game. The Brownlow reflects that.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2008, 11:30:16 PM »
12 Matthew Richardson

:)

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2008, 06:41:56 PM »
Richo is best but Foley most important.
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”