Author Topic: Heavy knock sends Cousins to hospital - afl.com.au  (Read 1213 times)

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
Heavy knock sends Cousins to hospital - afl.com.au
« on: February 27, 2009, 03:37:34 PM »
THE KNOCK to the head that new Richmond recruit Ben Cousins copped in Thursday night’s NAB AFL Cup clash with Collingwood landed him in hospital a few hours after the match.

Cousins doesn’t know how the blow happened, but the effects were severe enough to send him to the emergency ward for a few hours in the early hours of Friday morning.

Until he was forced from the ground, Cousins had played an encouraging match in his return to the top-level, knocking up 21 touches and showing glimpses of the brilliance that earned him a Brownlow Medal and an AFL flag.

Richmond’s general manager of football, Craig Cameron, said Cousins had received the standard post-match treatment for a concussion victim.

http://afl.com.au/tabid/208/default.aspx?newsid=72632
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Heavy knock sends Cousins to hospital - afl.com.au
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2009, 03:50:04 PM »
THE KNOCK to the head that new Richmond recruit Ben Cousins copped in Thursday night’s NAB AFL Cup clash with Collingwood landed him in hospital a few hours after the match.

Cousins doesn’t know how the blow happened, but the effects were severe enough to send him to the emergency ward for a few hours in the early hours of Friday morning.

Until he was forced from the ground, Cousins had played an encouraging match in his return to the top-level, knocking up 21 touches and showing glimpses of the brilliance that earned him a Brownlow Medal and an AFL flag.

Richmond’s general manager of football, Craig Cameron, said Cousins had received the standard post-match treatment for a concussion victim.

http://afl.com.au/tabid/208/default.aspx?newsid=72632

Hmm, I wonder who did the job on him.
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2009, 04:20:46 PM »
Can't remember who it was but some collingwood doofus had another cheap shot behind play, Cuz lined him up Carey style, thought he was gunna throw it for a second. Did they get that on on telly, it was in the half forward pocket flank area Southern cross end.

That brings me to that muppet Maher on SEN having a wee olde whinge about not getting a "promised" interview with Cuz because the doctor said no - Well there you can Maher any apologies - turrd

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2009, 04:30:50 PM »
Can't remember who it was but some collingwood doofus had another cheap shot behind play, Cuz lined him up Carey style, thought he was gunna throw it for a second. Did they get that on on telly, it was in the half forward pocket flank area Southern cross end.

Spotted it from long range on the tv.  Looked like Didak got put on his backside by Cuz and then Didak got up and chased after him and had a bit of a go at him for it from memory.

Nothing in it though.
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2009, 04:47:34 PM »
Definately nothing in it, just a bit of collingwood pinchy pinchy, but all the same he was coping it at every oppurtunity, seen free kicks for less.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2009, 04:51:20 PM »
I thought it may have been when he was ridden into the ground (happened near the centre circle) after disposing of it early in the final qtr
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2009, 04:57:02 PM »
They absolutely were.

I think O'Brien was disappointed his initial tackle on Cuz in the first quarter wasn't high so he went again and gave him a high tackle.  I had a good laugh, it was so comical.
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline 3rogerd

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2009, 06:47:27 PM »

That brings me to that muppet Maher on SEN having a wee olde whinge about not getting a "promised" interview with Cuz because the doctor said no - Well there you can Maher any apologies - turrd

ahh Andrew Maher, now there is one bloke i would love to give a knuckle sandwich too. :banghead

Offline blaisee

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2009, 07:15:50 PM »

ahh Andrew Maher, now there is one bloke i would love to give a knuckle sandwich too. :banghead

the guy i want to smack out is tony jones.

on channel nine tonight he started the story on cousins saying and I quote

" and richmond continued the mismanagement of ben cousins today"

What a wanker

Offline 3rogerd

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2009, 10:03:52 PM »

the guy i want to smack out is tony jones.

on channel nine tonight he started the story on cousins saying and I quote

" and richmond continued the mismanagement of ben cousins today"

What a wanker

what the hell does he mean "mismanagement", i just live around the corner from GTV9...might pay the wanker a visit.
they sit behind a newsdesk and profess to know or pass judgement when they wouldnt know the truth if it bit them on the ass.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Concussed Ben Cousins cleared (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2009, 02:49:48 AM »
Concussed Ben Cousins cleared
Jon Ralph| February 28, 2009

RICHMOND midfielder Ben Cousins is a remote chance to play against St Kilda at Shepparton on Friday after recovering from a mild concussion.

The Brownlow medallist was taken to hospital for a routine check-up on Thursday night, but pulled up well yesterday from the concussion and the exertion of his first game in 18 months.

The Tigers had indicated they were likely to rest him after he copped a knock in the last quarter against Collingwood, but will now assess whether they play him next week.

Monaghan said the club would decide in coming days whether another game next week was the best strategy for Cousins.

"We are not quite sure about that yet. Based on last night, you wouldn't have thought so, but he is a lot better today and we will have a think about whether we consider him for Friday night's game," Monaghan said.

"He has a lump on his head and he was a little disoriented, but all indications are that he was just a little concussed. We can't pick out a particular incident, but when you are involved like Ben was in the game, there is a fair chance he got a knock somewhere."

Cousins played about 60 per cent of the game.

He faded in the second half, but has recovered well.

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,25117419-19742,00.html