Author Topic: Playing for the pride of the jumper & what it stands for  (Read 889 times)

Tigermonk

Playing for the pride of the jumper & what it stands for
« on: April 04, 2009, 10:37:12 AM »
l be very disappointed today if l dont see a good brawl out on the ground & the Richmond players flying the flag & playing for the pride of the jumper
l would expect them to come off the ground with heads held high sore & dirty from putting in a hard effort
win - lose- draw l want to see a game full of hard bodies hits & furious tackles that will stop the flow of play
if Richmond can curb the flow of play it will unbalance the Geelong style & game plan & hopefully turn it around & make them play our game & make skill errors
l know this is wishful thinking but it be good to see some old football reguardless of the rules

Ramps

Re: Playing for the pride of the jumper & what it stands for
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2009, 12:37:16 PM »
Its the wrong game to go the biff. Geelongs players would make mince meat of our players. Id prefer the side goes the biff vs the bulldogs, there we may even break even, and then we should do the same vs Melbourne, where we should be able to intimidate the demons.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2009, 02:01:43 PM »
We have to make a statement today though at least at the footy. If there's nothing but another weak effort then the pressure on the club especially from the media will only intensify. I still think we will get thrashed but I just want us to play positive footy and make sure they do the basics right - first at the footy, shepherd when your teammate has the ball, tackle hard and kick the kickable goals.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2009, 03:29:54 PM »
To half time I think there was a much better effort than last week (not hard).

But on a fair few occasions I still see players not making the effort to block or shepard, very frustrating.

Ramps

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2009, 03:35:31 PM »
To half time I think there was a much better effort than last week (not hard).

But on a fair few occasions I still see players not making the effort to block or shepard, very frustrating.

"Better efforts" are good, and yes I agree its been a better effort, but if they turn on the afterburners theyll kill us and we'll lose by 15 goals.  There has to come a point in time when as a club we have to decide what needs to be done to become a success again. We are a long way behind Geelong a very long way behind.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2009, 04:58:21 PM »
The media will get off our backs as they'll call it an "honourable" loss but next week is now an even more important game than today. Win and then beat the Dees and we're back to 2-2; lose and today's effort will count for nothing being 0-3.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2009, 05:15:56 PM »
The media will get off our backs as they'll call it an "honourable" loss but next week is now an even more important game than today. Win and then beat the Dees and we're back to 2-2; lose and today's effort will count for nothing being 0-3.

Same here MT I wanted a win and one next week is essential now.

Moi

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2009, 05:16:21 PM »
l be very disappointed today if l dont see a good brawl out on the ground & the Richmond players flying the flag & playing for the pride of the jumper
l would expect them to come off the ground with heads held high sore & dirty from putting in a hard effort
win - lose- draw l want to see a game full of hard bodies hits & furious tackles that will stop the flow of play
if Richmond can curb the flow of play it will unbalance the Geelong style & game plan & hopefully turn it around & make them play our game & make skill errors
l know this is wishful thinking but it be good to see some old football reguardless of the rules

Then you should be ecstatic
But somehow I doubt you will be  ::)

Tigermonk

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2009, 05:55:10 PM »
Rewoldt  = Richard Loudner
Edwards = Aaron Fiora

Ramps

« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2009, 06:02:27 PM »
Edwards = Aaron Fiora

I agree on Edwards and infact Id be looking to trade him back to South Australia at years end, Riewoldt isnt as bad as Lounder lol ... but I have to say I cant see him being a key forward, It would be interesting to see if he could develop into a Cameron Ling type. A big bodied midfielder who can run with an opposition mid and put him out of business.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2009, 08:09:28 PM »
Edwards = Aaron Fiora

Joel Bowden was weak as pee today TM. Saw him back out of a contest in the second quarter where Luke McGuane felt the full impact  of the Geelong player and managed to hold it up whilst Joel waited for the loose ball to come out. That's real courage hey TM , the pride in the jumper that we crave and was emblazoned on the teams banner.

Bowden is a forunate man of circumstance being at the right place at the right time. Fortune has got nothing to do with courage. Please do not mention that goal he kicked in the last quarter as he had many other chances in the last to stamp his mark on the game.
Bowden = fraud.
I stand by my comments on a previous thread.
The sooner Joel goes to be replaced permanently by a kid the better.