Author Topic: Wallace's aftermatch media conference / Wallace gutted after lost win  (Read 696 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Wallace's press conference

http://bigpondvideo.com/AFL/118729

* Feel flatter today than last week which people may find strange. I suppose we have a lot of self belief in what we are doing and as people. It was humiliating and all but we knew that wasn't us last week and we were never in a winning position but we were this week but couldn't get the job done which hurts him more.

* Credit to opposition. Got down to ball retention and made chase backside. When we were running, the game was free flowing and we had ball use we looked good but they denied us the footy in the last quarter.

* Wasn't worried at Quarter time. Our parameters were fine. 12 times inside 50 each. Contested footy and possession was equal. They were neater and we gifted them a couple of goals. Thought we would turn it around. We had more marks inside 50 so we did do some things right to get back into the game in the 2nd and 3rd quarters.

* Luke McGuane and dodgy decisions? They are killers but pleased we didn't drop out heads because of them. In fact he felt it galvanised the side. Can't speak about the incidents.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2009, 08:15:51 PM by one-eyed »

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Wallace gutted after lost win (RFC)
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2009, 08:14:41 PM »
Wallace gutted after lost win
richmondfc.com.au
By Mic Cullen 7:12 PM Sat 04 April, 2009

RICHMOND supporters will be heartened by a vastly improved performance – losing to Geelong by just 20 points compared to last week’s 14 goal-drubbing from Carlton – but the club is anything but happy.

There were raised voices in the rooms after the match and coach Terry Wallace looked drawn and unhappy at the post-match media conference.

"When I’m driving back up the Geelong Highway I don’t think I’ll be too heartened," Wallace said after the game.

"You come to win a game of footy and we didn’t get the result.

"Every game of footy in this competition is big. It’s another game of AFL footy and you want to win every one."

Wallace said losing the match after leading by one point at the final change left a worse feeling than last week's result.

"I probably feel flatter today," Wallace said. "I suppose a lot of people would find that strange, but I suppose we’ve got a lot of self-belief in what we’re doing and what we are as people, and I thought that wasn’t us last week.

"And although it was humiliating and everything else, I knew that wasn’t us.

“The game’s about winning and we were never going to be in a winning position last week, but [today] we were in with a real chance to win a game of footy which would have been a fantastic game of football for us to get victory.

"Unfortunately we couldn’t get the job done, so that irks me even more."

Even at quarter time, with the Cats having had eight scoring shots to two, Wallace said he was feeling good about the way things were going.

"I didn’t think it was worrying at all at quarter time, with the exception that I think both sides had gone (inside 50) 12 times in the quarter and we’d scored twice and they’d scored eight or nine times," he said.

"I said to the guys that our numbers – our contested footy, where things were going, the amount of possession time each of the teams had had – everything else was alright but they’d just done it neater and we’d gifted them a couple of goals early in the match.

"So I thought if we kept up, I had no doubt that part of it would turn alright.

"At the end of the day, we had a lot more marks inside our forward end than they had over the course of the day, so we did do some things right in the second and third quarter to get back into it."

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6301/newsid/74391/default.aspx

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Wallace's aftermatch media conference / Wallace gutted after lost win
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2009, 08:29:46 PM »
Reminds me of the famous 'Spew Up!' aftermatch speech he gave to the Dogs when he first took over as coach.  ;D

This attitude will be passed onto the players - there is no such thing as honourable losses and we do not accept defeat regardless of the calibre of the opposition. We play to win this year. There is no more excuses.

Good to see - make or break.

Stripes

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Wallace's aftermatch media conference / Wallace gutted after lost win
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2009, 10:55:05 PM »
I cant fault Terrys attitude towards this loss.
Unleash the tornado