Author Topic: AGM, who is going ?  (Read 2703 times)

froars

Re: AGM, who is going ?
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2004, 11:36:06 AM »
Mike Perry - played in a premiership, but wouldn't have thought enough games to qualify there.  Not a former board member from memory.  Is he involved with the past players association or something?

Life goes on

« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2004, 11:59:18 AM »
Mike Perry, its going to be interesting him shaking Clintons hand after the recent election. :o

Offline Tiger Spirit

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2004, 12:01:36 PM »
Gaspar, Minogue and Perry were awarded life membership at the AGM in January this year.

http://richmondfc.com.au/default.asp?pg=news&spg=display&articleid=131882
« Last Edit: December 21, 2004, 12:04:45 PM by Tiger Spirit »
Everything that is done in this world is done by hope.  --Martin Luther

The time you enjoy wasting isn’t wasted time.

froars

« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2004, 12:12:59 PM »
Thanks TS - all worthy winners.

I am an advocate of seeing volunteers around the club who've been there for years helping out receiving some sort of recognition.  There's a few who qualify IMO.  Margaret Scott who's been there an eternity, Roland Weeks, who is involved in the museum and years of helping out around the club.  I'm sure there's heaps more that i don't know who quality - dare i say someone even like David Clayton who's been there a long time helping.  I'm sure there's heaps more.  I hope Rhett or someone can campaign on their behalf - be a nice gesture for the club to recognise the time they put in.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2004, 12:50:45 PM »
Mike Perry - played in a premiership, but wouldn't have thought enough games to qualify there.  Not a former board member from memory.  Is he involved with the past players association or something?

Mike Perry is the President of the Former Players and Officials Group as well as being involved with the Tommy Hafey Club
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)