Author Topic: Gold Coast to attempt to poach Nathan Foley (Herald-Sun)  (Read 1873 times)

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Gold Coast to attempt to poach Nathan Foley (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2009, 11:24:23 PM »
Perhaps all Foley needs is a new coach and some much needed team unity.KEEP
Unleash the tornado

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2009, 11:30:48 PM »
Infamy just my opinion

I think Newman will be trade bait this year. Events of last week should see to that.
As for Foley sometimes we need to think outside the square. Reacting normally or conservatively as we have for a long time has got us nowhere. Possibly doing something that initially may seem absurd unusual and maybe even self inflicting in regards to pain in the short term future may not feel right but as time goes by we may benefit from something like that.

Its not like trading Cloke Raines and Wood for peanuts. Careful preparation and selection may benefit us more than having Foley in the side if things do fall that way which still is a long way off and much water has to pass under the bridge.

Nevertheless as a footy club we have to remain open minded and assess carefully our next moves as a footy club. The appointment of our next coach could in fact be the most important decision in RFC entire history in terms of longevity and survival and ultimately the final decision rests with him. Still a long way to go but I would not be against it. Doing nothing gets you nothing, attempting something  may allow you to win the jackpot.

Conservatism is good when you have something to hold on to. Right now as a footy club we don't have much and thinking outside the normal realm within a specific but flexible guideline may be the way to lift us out of this mess.
Do something Do just to use an analogy from a rival club.

Ramps

« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2009, 08:29:25 AM »
I wouldnt trade foley for a pick from GC or any other club, foley should be put up for a player for player swap, as I said, Id offer him to Geelong to see if they are prepared to loosen there grip on Tom Hawkins, if we cant get such trade then Foley stays, on the other hand Id trade Newman for a decent pick. Half Back Flankers are a dime a dozen. Trade him now that his value is highest.

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2009, 01:13:43 PM »
I can see that Foley has trade value and you have to trade quality to get quality but.......Dont throw the baby out with the bath water

Foley will be a 24 year old -100 game player in 2010....His best years should be the next four.

With our senior players all but gone and big question marks over Tuck & Cogs...I believe we need to keep our young leaders like Axel.
Unleash the tornado

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2009, 02:12:15 PM »
If GC outbid us, then we'll trade him and get compensated.

I don't want another overpaid player thinking he's ultra important to us and acts like Richmond are privileged to have him (Daffy, Gaspar).

The Saints have lost guys for zilch, the Power have as well. It never hurt them.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do