Author Topic: Richmond press conference 12.10pm  (Read 584 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Richmond press conference 12.10pm
« on: June 06, 2009, 12:03:23 PM »
Richmond press conference in 10-15 mins.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Richmond press conference 12.10pm
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2009, 12:21:54 PM »
A couple of minutes away. Media being briefed now. It's just a 5 minute conference as Jade has Coburg duties ths weekend.

Tigermonk

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2009, 12:25:17 PM »
what are they going to tell us that we already knew  ;D  :rollin
conference should be them telling the media thier banded from the club for the remainder of the season & stop stalking the players

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2009, 12:32:00 PM »
Summary .... Rawlings outside the social club

* Very humble and excited. Club has gone through the process and only notified this morning. Support from assistant coachs and players has been great.

* Age limit doesn't come into it. He retired at 28 and went into coaching. Club has good senior management. Process has been very thorough. Told players at 11.30am.

* Clearly a caretaker coach and looking forward to implementing a way we want to play.

* Been coaching Coburg for the past 18 months and they've been good to me so I want to finish it off well.

* Very fortunate to coach this great footy club and they've been good to me over the past 2.5 years.

* Got the right people in this club (management).

* Gamestyle - play a sustainable brand of footy for the future. Finals will be a bit hard but main thing is to play a sustainable brand of footy. A repetitive and consistent message.

* Terry has been good to him and he wishes him well and they'll be friends well into the future.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Rawlings named as caretaker coach (RFC)
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2009, 01:20:07 PM »
Rawlings named as caretaker coach
richmondfc.com.au
By Mic Cullen 11:39 AM Sat 06 June, 2009

JADE Rawlings has been named as Richmond's caretaker coach, and he says it's the start of a new season for the team.

The 31-year-old, who coaches Richmond's VFL affiliate side Coburg, is by far the youngest senior coach in the AFL.

Rawlings was chosen ahead of other Tigers' assistant coaches Wayne Campbell, Brian Royal, David King and Craig McRae to take the helm in place of Terry Wallace.

Rawlings said he was thrilled to be appointed to the position.

"I'm very humbled and extremely excited," Rawlings said at Punt Rd on Saturday afternoon.

"The club's shown they've gone through a process and stuck to it – I was only notified this morning.

"A couple of the guys are probably a bit disappointed, but geez, the support I've had already from the assistant coaches is outstanding.

"The main thing I want to get out is that one season's gone and a new one's starting, and we really want to get some life into the second half of the year."

Rawling's first match in charge of the Tigers will be against West Coast at Docklands on Saturday night.

But he admitted that, with the season at 2-9, finals were unlikely.

"This place is a fantastic footy club, and I'm lucky to be part of it – I think the fundamentals are pretty good.

"I know that hasn't shown in wins and losses, but we'll get a style that we think is sustainable for the future – finals footy this year might be a bit hard – but we'll play a sustainable brand that's going to stack up in the finals for whoever takes over, whatever happens in the future."

In the meantime, Rawlings will be off to Ballarat tomorrow to coach Coburg for the last time this year.

The Tasmanian, who is the brother-in-law of fellow Taswegian Matthew Richardson, played 148 games for Hawthorn, the Western Bulldogs and North Melbourne in his 10 year AFL career before ongoing knee problems forced him out.

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6301/newsid/78349/default.aspx