Author Topic: Teams Tigers vs North  (Read 7305 times)

Offline Rex

• Future Richmond star
Re: Teams Tigers vs North
« Reply #75 on: July 19, 2009, 05:16:48 PM »
No GR12, not you.

I can't stand us seeing play this crap and I can't see how any supporter can.
Here here TA. McUseless and turnoverKING should never play in the Tiger Jumper again. Gus has to go back to the two's (got nothin) If we were serious about winning JB and Browny would be straight in to the side. Oh and well done Umpies well played NOTTTTT!!!!!

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #76 on: July 19, 2009, 05:26:49 PM »
Two points are better than 4.  :rollin

We can still finish below Melbourne and Fremantle.  :thumbsup

Got North over the four wins.

spot on mate

great result :thumbsup

losing would have been better but atleast we didnt win.

So is 16 1//2 points the maximum you can get when you get a priority or do you lose it at 16 1/2.

I think Melbourne can still win 5 games and get a priority pick ahead of us regardless of even if we finish on the bottom. This is so as they won 3 games last year and they do not exceed 8 wins over two years. Much like the Carlton scenarion in 2007.

Offline Danog

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #77 on: July 19, 2009, 05:42:57 PM »
Huh?  If Melbourne win 2 more games, they lose their priority pick.  It's not counted over 2 years.  You have to have 4 or fewer wins each year to get the priority pick before the first round.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #78 on: July 19, 2009, 05:45:56 PM »
Okay Danog. As I wrote "I think" in my post. Was not 100% sure. :thumbsup

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #79 on: July 19, 2009, 07:02:29 PM »
Bucks will stick with the Pies after watching that. Talk about showing your best and worst in the space of 120 minutes  :-X.

Today looked like young bodies running out of puff after half-time. First half our pressure was terrific even though we were making mistakes and not getting full return on the scoreboard for our total dominance. After half-time we just stopped running and struggled to get the ball out of our backline from kick-ins and our delivery inside forward 50 was awful.

Actually today's game reminded me of Richmond vs Hawthorn towards the end of 2005 but with the roles reversed today. We came from 7 goals down at half-time in that game to pinch it and Hawthorn kept hold of their priority pick.

As for umps - they deserve their own thread after today ::).
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #80 on: July 19, 2009, 07:08:21 PM »
Whoever is responsible for our match fitness needs to be looked at very very closely.  We have been woefully underdone in most games this year, getting run down in the 2nd half with monotonous regularity.  It has happened too often now to be a coincidence.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #81 on: July 19, 2009, 07:26:29 PM »
Agree smoke, goes back to the reason why we were so unprepared for Round 1. Horrible Pre Season mentally and physically.

The one thing the coach can 100% control is training/pre season and preperation.

Thanks Terry.
Go Tigers!

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #82 on: July 19, 2009, 08:01:36 PM »
Yep we've played no more than 2 quarters per game all year. We either start well then fall away badly or we start slowly and then try to play catch up. I'm guessing the fitness and conditioning at the club will have been heavily reviewed in this review of the footy department.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #83 on: July 20, 2009, 02:08:49 AM »
Given the amount of kids in the side, I'm hardly surprised that they ran out of legs
It's effectively our VFL side from Round 1 who is now playing as the Richmond seniors

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #84 on: July 20, 2009, 01:49:18 PM »
Given the amount of kids in the side, I'm hardly surprised that they ran out of legs
It's effectively our VFL side from Round 1 who is now playing as the Richmond seniors

And that should appease all the pro-tankers because I can't see us growing any stronger or fitter in the last few weeks - even if we are trying our hardest to win!