Author Topic: See Richo's 10?  (Read 1912 times)

Offline H Tiger

• Premiership Captain
  • Tigers the biggest hunter
See Richo's 10?
« on: October 24, 2004, 01:12:10 PM »
I'm currently at Uni, doing quick ratio's, ROE, ROA etc and I'm a bit bored. :banghead

Oh and I would just like to say if I didn't have this accounting assignment due tomorrow I would be at the beach. :(

But but to the point I watched the last quarter of the Tigers v.s. Dogs last night and I am sure-

That Schultz can be a very intimidating CHB, that boy can tackle.

Richo is the most frustrating yet gifted footballer at our or maybe any club.

And we have some good players in our club & with a good coach can turn things around.

Two questions Can TW improve Richo's desion making? Because it is worse than his kicking.
And as much as I hate to say it ROTTENS played very good football in that quarter, Will Simmonds be an adequate replacement? I.e. will his extra effort around the ground make up for the difference between the two of them?

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: See Richo's 10?
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2004, 05:25:25 PM »
It was great being there that day. It had and has been a long time since the Tiger army had rose in unison when Richo snapped his 10th. Miss that electricity  :(. Unfortunately it turned out to be our last win for the year  :'(. The poor doggy defenders couldn't hold the big fella and Rhode didn't drop Chris Grant back in front of Richo's leads. He was out-coached by Spud  :o  :rollin. Problem was every other coach wasn't so stupid and used this tactic effectively on Richo. 

Richo is definitely an enigma HT. He can do the miraculous one minute and then have a brain-explosion the next. At 30 years of age or thereabouts it's hard to see his idiosyncrasies changing although I'd reckon he did really make an effort to improve his body language, attitude and second efforts on the field in 2004.

From the times I've seen Richo moved up the ground I actually think his field kicking and decision making is quite good. I think coaches are reluctant to play him at CHB because they question his accountability as well as it denies us a forward marking target. Problem is when he plays at FF he ends up becoming our only forward target  ::).

His goalkicking is always a toss of a coin. At least Wallace knows Richo ain't no FF and will move him up to the forward 50 hopefully on a HFF. It just deflates the whole side when they work their backside off only for the FF to waste opportunities at critical times in a game. I know statistically his conversion record is on par with other FFs but IMO he either too often misses these crucial goals or often has a totally bad day kicking 1.6 with 2 OOB.

As for Sarge HT I agree his attack at the ball or opponent with the ball is fantastic. He's still raw but I'm really excited to see how he progresses next year.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2004, 08:49:15 AM »
Problem is when he plays at FF he ends up becoming our only forward target  ::).

Is that you Tezza  :lol :lol

And as much as I hate to say it ROTTENS played very good football in that quarter, Will Simmonds be an adequate replacement? I.e. will his extra effort around the ground make up for the difference between the two of them?

Don't forget HT that Jerry Maguire sorry I meant Ottens played part of that game on Peter Street because Rohde in his wisdom played Darcy up forward a lot. I reckon I could play against Peter Street and look like a champion ;D

I'm currently at Uni, doing quick ratio's, ROE, ROA etc and I'm a bit bored. :banghead

accounting can do that to you :cheers

That Schultz can be a very intimidating CHB, that boy can tackle.

And perhaps being intimidating is one of the reason Tezza is going to play him down back. Our backline is at times as soft as butter - no-one down there to throw their weight around - Schulz down there gives us that opportunity IMO.

Picture it - a Schulz 'hip 'n' shoulder" on Lloyd - he wouldn't have time for his gold winning diving  :cheers

And we'd all be like this....   :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow

:thumbsup
« Last Edit: October 25, 2004, 08:51:09 AM by WilliamPowell »
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2004, 01:44:00 PM »
Oh how I would just love to see that. :thumbsup

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2004, 03:20:10 PM »
Oh how I would just love to see that. :thumbsup

froars your honour, I rest my case  ;D  ;)
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2004, 04:20:58 PM »
MT - got nothing to do with perving.  Just want to see Lloyd get his just desserts