Author Topic: Coburg vs Bendigo - Saturday August 8  (Read 3405 times)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Coburg vs Bendigo - Saturday August 8
« Reply #45 on: August 09, 2009, 10:29:18 AM »
I agree about Raines but will say his 2nd half was much better than his first which was terrible/selfish

I thought JON was OK compared to his last few weeks

Putt played alot down back and I must say it was close to the best game I've seen him play at VFL senior level

Hislop's brother - not as angry as Tommy  ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #46 on: August 09, 2009, 12:25:55 PM »
I agree about Raines but will say his 2nd half was much better than his first which was terrible/selfish

I thought JON was OK compared to his last few weeks

Putt played alot down back and I must say it was close to the best game I've seen him play at VFL senior level

Hislop's brother - not as angry as Tommy  ;D

what was highlight of Putts game, did he take any contested marks?
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #47 on: August 09, 2009, 10:38:00 PM »

what was highlight of Putts game, did he take any contested marks?

Yeah he took a couple of contersted marks but the most pleasing thing was he actually was up with the tempo of the game which is something he has really struggled with

And before anyone asks ...NO I wouldn't give him a senior gig
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #48 on: August 10, 2009, 10:11:25 PM »
Round 17 Match Report
coburgtigers.com.au
By Glenn Robertson

COBURG TIGERS v BENDIGO BOMBERS
ABD GROUP STADIUM
SATURDAY 8th AUGUST

With three games remaining in the 2009 season Coburg need to win at least two to make the finals. This week they were up against the winless Bendigo Bombers at ABD Group Stadium and were clear favourites to take the four points. A fairly sizeable crowd turned up to watch the home side overturn a two point halftime deficit to run away with a relatively easy victory.

In an entertaining first term both sides played attacking football, this was illustrated on the scoreboard with nine goals kicked for the term. Neither side could get the break on each other with the Bombers ending the term seven points ahead. Troy Simmons was instrumental in the ruck giving the Burger on-ballers first use of the ball all day and as a bonus he also slotted through two majors. Adam Pattison gave him great support in the ruck and finished with two goals also.

Coburg Tigers 4.2 (26)   Bendigo Bombers 5.3 (33)

Coburg started the second term with two quick goals, but the Bombers replied with a couple of their own. The experienced players in Joel Bowden and Mark Coughlan won plenty of the ball through the middle of the ground and also worked back hard to help out their defence. Coburg played solid football for the term but couldn’t break open any type of lead, trailing by two points at half time.

Coburg Tigers 9.3 (57)   Bendigo Bombers 9.5 (59)

After an even first half the Burgers were revved up at the main break by coach Craig McRae and the boys new if they wanted to have any chance of playing finals this year their work rate had to lift in the second half. And that’s exactly what happened.

Tim Clarke was once again outstanding for the Tigers. He dominated the stoppages and pin pointed his leading forwards. Clarke also booted through a season high four goals in a clear best on ground display. The Burgers kept the Bombers to just two majors for the term and booted through five themselves to take a fifteen point margin into the final change.

Coburg Tigers 14.5 (89)   Bendigo Bombers 11.9 (75)

The flood gates opened in the final term as Coburg piled on seven goals for the quarter. Jacob Hislop made a brilliant debut for the Burger seniors and had his kicking boots on up forward finishing with a match high five majors. In the end the Burgers had too many options up forward and finished up winners by forty three points. A highlight to the Burgers win was their accuracy at goal as they kicked over twenty goals and only registered six behinds. Nic Liddle continued on his extremely consistent season and was again a pivotal member of the Burgers victory. Coburg’s next ‘must win’ game is on Sunday against the Werribee Tigers at Chirnside Park starting at 2pm, with the reserves at 11.10am.

Coburg Tigers       4.2  9.3  14.5  21.6 (132)
Bendigo Bombers  5.3  9.5  11.9  13.11 (89)

Goal Kickers: J. Hislop 5, T. Clarke 4, A. Pattison 2, T. Simmonds 2, A. Gilligan 2, R. Allan, S. Tuck, A. Horne, A. Raines, J. Oakley-Nicholls, N. Liddle

Best Players: T. Clarke, T. Simmonds, N. Liddle, J. Bowden, A. Pattison, M. Coughlan

RESERVES

The Burger reserves recorded their tenth win of the season defeating the Bendigo Bombers by a whopping seventy two points. After a slow start the Burgers stormed home in the second half, similar to the seniors. Youngster Nic Cattapan and Andrew Browne were best for the Burgers, while Tamer Abdallah and Serhat Temel both played great games sharing nine goals between them. The Burgers are a game clear in third spot on the ladder.

Coburg Tigers       4.5  9.10  15.11  21.20 (146)
Bendigo Bombers  5.2   6.4    7.6     11.8 (74)

Goal Kickers: S. Temel 5, T. Abdallah 4, C. Hughes 3, A. Meroli 2, C. Smith 2, J. Bassi, J. Kandilakis, M. Ambrose, J. Horne, N. Wood

Best Players: N. Cattapan, A. Browne, S. Temel, J. Keogh, T. Abdallah, N. Wood

http://www.sportingpulse.com/club_info.cgi?client=1-118-10471-0-0&sID=56260&&news_task=DETAIL&articleID=9712343&sectionID=56260