Author Topic: Rawlings ponders Punt Rd future (RFC)  (Read 3346 times)

TigerTimeII

Re: Rawlings ponders Punt Rd future (RFC)
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2009, 11:54:16 AM »
jade can take a hike and take his handbag with him

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2009, 12:26:08 PM »
I dont feel sorry at all. dont put your hand to do something when your aspirations are greater than your ability, as what beens proven over the past  2 months.
The kick ins and structure resemble suburban footy at the best.
He was way out of his league.
I'm sorry but that's just a rubbish comment
The human race would still be living in caves if we didn't have great aspirations
Even Hardwick will have aspirations greater than his ability at the moment, just like he said in is press conference, today is the worst he will be as a senior coach, he can only get better from here.
It was a caretaker role, it's not like he took the side over for 2-3 years and did nothing, if anything we wanted to lose to assist in the rebuild with better draft picks. The fact you ridicule and insult someone who was just a placeholder until 2010 shows the type of person you really are.

:thumbsup Infamy

As to some of the other comments

"he put his hand up" - err no he was asked by the board to do the job.

Out of who was available to be caretaker he was deemed the best available. What does that actually say about the others?  OOPS ...sorry thats not relevant I suppose  ::) :P

It's funny go back 11 weeks - so many people wanted to lose so we got early picks. People have got what they wanted and their still sooking

I said it before and I will say it again until I am blue in the face, we you play the blame game don't leave out the players because last night they deserve the venom a helluva lot more than the coaches 

it is actually interesting, I am listening to 3Aw at the minute listen to what Buckley is saying .... he is on the money about our playing group
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Jackstar is back

« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2009, 12:51:00 PM »
I dont feel sorry at all. dont put your hand to do something when your aspirations are greater than your ability, as what beens proven over the past  2 months.
The kick ins and structure resemble suburban footy at the best.
He was way out of his league.
I'm sorry but that's just a rubbish comment
The human race would still be living in caves if we didn't have great aspirations
Even Hardwick will have aspirations greater than his ability at the moment, just like he said in is press conference, today is the worst he will be as a senior coach, he can only get better from here.
It was a caretaker role, it's not like he took the side over for 2-3 years and did nothing, if anything we wanted to lose to assist in the rebuild with better draft picks. The fact you ridicule and insult someone who was just a placeholder until 2010 shows the type of person you really are.

This is the same guy who stated this.
I love this playing group
I love coaching.
I want to coach this club.
Problem is that he didnt have the abilty, as we have all seen in the past 4-6 weeks,
The kicks ins and structure have been absolutely terrible.
Dont get me started as I will go on and on about the last 6 weeks and the inabilty to get 22 players focused to play football :banghead :banghead :banghead

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2009, 01:02:08 PM »
Dont get me started as I will go on and on about the last 6 weeks and the inabilty to get 22 players focused to play football :banghead :banghead :banghead

But Jack (and believe me I don't want to get you started because I am very tired and irritable  ;)) why is it entirely the fault of the coach to get them focused?

Seriously? As individuals don't players have a responsibility to actually get themselves up as well? If they are relying a caonxh any coach to that for them then it says as much about them that it does the people around them

And personally I think they do it is called personal pride which clearly some of our players don't have or don't care about and that is indictment on them as much as anyone

Jackstar is back

« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2009, 01:15:26 PM »
WP.
I watch a stack of football as you would know.
I have mates who coach suburban teams that have better strategy for kick ins and stoppages theAn Jade.
Jades ability to ""instill "' beleive and game plan has been terrible I am afraid.
Last night was the iceing on the cake.
The kick ins have gone backwards in the past 6 weeks, whos fault, ?? You can blame the players for where they are told to run too.
Guys being wrong sided at stoppages is a joke.
I watched Thomson last night closely, he has no idea.
The coach in this instance should of instructed him to stand on the defensive side at stoppages instead of being in""NO MANS LAND ""
Any coach worth his salt would of grabbbed Gus Graham and asked him why he hits the ball to his toes?? :banghead :banghead

As for Reiwoldt done back, oh dear..  Jade doesnt know what he is doing, might be a nice bloke, word of advice, nice people make lousy coaches.

Also there is a reason why we only kicked 6 goals last night. :banghead :banghead :banghead

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2009, 03:52:35 PM »
Im sorry but no coach can have a side playing their game plan in 10 weeks
It took Lyon 3 years to get the side playing to his instructions
You cannot lay the entire blame on Rawlings for the way the side has been running out the season

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2009, 05:38:54 PM »

And personally I think they do it is called personal pride which clearly some of our players don't have or don't care about and that is indictment on them as much as anyone

This was the biggy for me out of last night's disgrace.  The effort that our team collectively made was embarrassing at a personal level and that all comes down to personal pride.  And from the guys in that team playing for their careers it was 'gobsmacking' to say the least.  Hardwick has as much work to do between their ears as he has to do between their goal posts.  And if he gets them right 'between the ears' then we will see improvement that amazes the ignorant.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2009, 05:42:18 PM »
You cannot lay the entire blame on Rawlings for the way the side has been running out the season

Adelaide were 3-5 after round 8 and Neil Craig decided to change the slow Sydney type possession game they were playing after Brissie overran them at the Gabba. Since then they have lost 3 times have been kicking higher scores they have been playing a faster more heavier scoring type of game. If the coach can instill that in the players when he realises he won't go anywhere with Plan A in the space of a week or two then isn't he the man responsible for getting the players to utilize it. Just one of the differences between a team that has played finals every year since 2005 and one that still dreams about them. Another is the profressionalism at that club the esteem the coach and the discipline he has instilled in his players as opposed to our players.

And what of Sydney they although not making finals are still playing with pride in the jumper and themselves so even if they lose they lose with their dignity in tact. Where is the dignity at the RFC in our end of season losses. If players don't want to play with pride then maybe they should not play at all, but for them not to play at all and reap the benefits of playing AFL it is up to the coach to find out whether they  want to or can play. Roos and Craig are two examples of coaches who have done this even though their teams may not be premiership candidates year in year out. Wallace and Rawlings clearly are not. I can only hope Hardwick is of the Craig or Roos type of mould.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2009, 07:14:44 PM »
[quote author=WilliamPowell link=topic=10003.msg157653#msg157653 date=1251512768
it is actually interesting, I am listening to 3Aw at the minute listen to what Buckley is saying .... he is on the money about our playing group
[/quote]
What did he say WP? No surprise if it was spineless, selfish and lazy?
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2009, 07:51:39 PM »

Adelaide were 3-5 after round 8 and Neil Craig decided to change the slow Sydney type possession game they were playing after Brissie overran them at the Gabba. Since then they have lost 3 times have been kicking higher scores they have been playing a faster more heavier scoring type of game. If the coach can instill that in the players when he realises he won't go anywhere with Plan A in the space of a week or two then isn't he the man responsible for getting the players to utilize it. Just one of the differences between a team that has played finals every year since 2005 and one that still dreams about them. Another is the profressionalism at that club the esteem the coach and the discipline he has instilled in his players as opposed to our players.

And what of Sydney they although not making finals are still playing with pride in the jumper and themselves so even if they lose they lose with their dignity in tact. Where is the dignity at the RFC in our end of season losses. If players don't want to play with pride then maybe they should not play at all, but for them not to play at all and reap the benefits of playing AFL it is up to the coach to find out whether they  want to or can play. Roos and Craig are two examples of coaches who have done this even though their teams may not be premiership candidates year in year out. Wallace and Rawlings clearly are not. I can only hope Hardwick is of the Craig or Roos type of mould.
I knew someone would bring up Adelaide changing game plans during the season. Not sure how you can compare a side under the same coach that has played finals every year for the past 5 years. Not exactly and apples to apples comparison is it?
Not sure what Sydney playing with pride has to do with a caretaker coach turning around 10 years of inept football in 10 weeks.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2009, 11:52:28 AM »
What did he say WP? No surprise if it was spineless, selfish and lazy?

Apart from whay you have highlighted  ;D

He said the worst part of Friday nights effort was the lack of spirit that the players showed not only to club, the jumper but in particular to each other.

Jackstar is back

« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2009, 12:04:15 PM »
Compare him to Darren Crocker.
Has left Brad Scott with heaps to work with.
Rawlings has left Hardwick with a complete mess.
Crockers last 2 weeks just prove that it can be done.
Terrific bloke is Darren Crocker who is widely acknowledged in the footy industry.
Might add Crocker was assistant at Punt Rd under Spud.

Crocker had the Kangas play with spirit and pride.

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2009, 03:18:41 PM »
earlier on I was inclined to keep rawlings however I now would be more inclined to give hardwick greater scope to surround himself with WHO he sees fit to get the job done...if that counts out rawlings so be it...there's plenty of work out there :shh
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2009, 09:18:36 PM »
Compare him to Darren Crocker.
Has left Brad Scott with heaps to work with.
Rawlings has left Hardwick with a complete mess.
Crockers last 2 weeks just prove that it can be done.
Terrific bloke is Darren Crocker who is widely acknowledged in the footy industry.
Might add Crocker was assistant at Punt Rd under Spud.

Crocker had the Kangas play with spirit and pride.

yes glad you bought this up Jack because it was another thing that Buckley highlighted when speaking about the players effort from Friday night

He actually said that the way the North players had played since Crocker DIDN'T get the job spoke alot about the players pride and committment to not only the Club but Crocker. He said it was like they had played like they felt they owed Crocker for not helping him get the job

He went onto say that the way the Richmond players went about it showed they didn't seem prepared to take responsibility for anything that happens.

In a nutshell Buckley put the blame for Friday night's pathetic performance at the feet of the RFC players

But hey what would he know anyway? 250+ games, a brownlow, club captain not much I suppose  ;D

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2009, 01:20:51 AM »
Ever since joining this forum i have heard about how Terry Wallace has screwed the club over and left the list as an unmanageable mess! Now Terry has gone and it is Jades fault we lose as he doesnt have a strategy for kick ins and is not up to it! We also have meaningless wins when we win and when we lose its Jades fault? We then crow over how good our predictions have been! Well its not hard to make a correct prediction when the finger has been pointed at all and sundry!