Author Topic: 2010 Membership - "Yellow & Black - Feel it. Live it. Love it"  (Read 99972 times)

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: 2010 Membership - "Yellow & Black - Feel it. Live it. Love it"
« Reply #360 on: February 26, 2010, 08:17:07 AM »
I renewed a couple of weeks ago but still haven't received mine.

Ramps

« Reply #361 on: February 26, 2010, 01:39:37 PM »
2000 renewals in the past week. The family day would've boosted this week's tally but if we can keep this rate up in the next 4 weeks till round 1 we could have around 36-37k members going into the game. We're still ahead of Carlton in memberships so despite a drop off from last year it's still not all bad news.

Id prefer 41-42k the days before the first bounce. Having 10k memberships not renewed by R1 could be a massive problem if we get flogged.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #362 on: February 26, 2010, 01:39:58 PM »
As of 25/2

Collingwood:45,597
Hawthorn:   43,914
Essendon:  32,959
St Kilda:    30,217
Richmond:  28,826
Carlton:     28,290
Geelong:    27,915
Port Adel:   23,200
Bulldogs:    23,002
Melbourne:  22,525
Brisbane:    22,041
North Melb: 18,083

nb. No tally available for Adelaide, Fremantle, Sydney, Eagles

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #363 on: February 26, 2010, 04:55:13 PM »
North must be wishing they took up the GC17 offer
How can they remain afloat with those numbers?

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #364 on: February 26, 2010, 10:26:34 PM »
When you look at our numbers compared to other clubs - our numbers are not too bad

However, when you hear & read that Bullies are $1 mil up revenue waise because of their increase in numbers you understand why we need to improve our numbers
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #365 on: February 27, 2010, 12:11:04 PM »
When you look at our numbers compared to other clubs - our numbers are not too bad

However, when you hear & read that Bullies are $1 mil up revenue waise because of their increase in numbers you understand why we need to improve our numbers

the numbers so far arefantastic. 35k would be amazing. We cannot expect to come too close to LY membership numbers after the way all at the club let us down in 2009. There are some who will find something else to do with their $150.
That's reality and Benny and his Marketing Buddies need to come up with alternatives to leaning on the disillusioned masses.

The way we are going we'll be tracking kangaroos numbers in 3-5 years time as the continued failure of the club on field must be putting Gen x'ers (our biggest fan base) and their kids to the point of doing something else on the weekend.
And you can't blame them. Fine line between loyalty and stupidity. The club has had more than enough time to get it right and I don't blame one supporter for stepping away for a few years to see what happens this time (although I hope they still sign up).
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Tigers fight to hold fans (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #366 on: February 27, 2010, 01:25:02 PM »
Tigers fight to hold fans

* Jon Ralph
    * February 27, 2010

RICHMOND chief executive Brendon Gale says there is no excuse for the Tiger Army not to sign on this season, even with the Ben Cousins buzz gone and a year of pain forecast.

The club was thrashed by Hawthorn in its NAB Cup opener a fortnight ago and today faces premier Geelong in Yea at 4pm in what could be another one-sided contest.

But Gale is bullish about the club's membership levels, which last year reached an exceptional 37,000.

The Tigers now have 28,600 members, just short of their goal of 30,000 by the end of February.

Coach's box sponsor Lite n' Easy yesterday signed on for another two seasons, and Gale is hopeful reluctant members will do the same."We have renewed Lite n' Easy," Gale said.

"Rightly or wrongly we had plenty of attention on our coach's box last year but we are thrilled.

"Last year was a bumper year for members, but we have ambitious plans for the future.

Start of sidebar. Skip to end of sidebar.

End of sidebar. Return to start of sidebar.

"Look, we are aiming to hold up our (membership) numbers.

"A lot of people say there will be natural attrition and there was the Cousins' factor (last year).

"Last time I looked Ben was still here with us and the results were disappointing last year but we have got to suck it up.

"We have got a new coaching team and a new exciting way of playing footy.

"It's going to take a bit of time but there are 16 kids capable of debuting for us this year and a lot of them will form the basis of our next premiership side.

"We really encourage our members to sign on and be part of the journey."

Gale said the club's hierarchy was not dismayed by the dismal start to the year against Hawthorn.

"We knew Hawthorn would be a very good side, and they should finish top four," he said.

"Last year we finished 15th.

We want to get a whole lot better.

"Next up we get the reigning premiers.

"It just reinforces the competitive nature of this competition and the work we have to do.

"We have got ambitious plans for the future and we know where we want to be in three to five years, but clearly we have a lot of work to do."

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/tigers-fight-to-hold-fans/story-e6frf9jf-1225834979525

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Tigers fight to hold fans (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #367 on: February 27, 2010, 02:57:58 PM »
Sure we're well behind last year's hyped up record figure but where's the Herald-Sun article Ralphy on Carlton's membership numbers given we are still ahead of them?  ::)

Having said that a competitive result against Geelong today would help restore some confidence and hope to keep supporters signing up.

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Danog

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #368 on: February 27, 2010, 06:17:53 PM »
That win should help a bit. :)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #369 on: February 27, 2010, 10:57:21 PM »
That win should help a bit. :)
Let's hope so Danog  :pray. Good timing by Benny Gale ;D
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Fans rally to buy AFL club memberships (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #370 on: March 01, 2010, 02:38:24 AM »
Fans rally to buy AFL club memberships

* Aaron Langmaid
  * Herald Sun
  * March 01, 2010

FOOTY mad Victorians are swearing allegiance to their teams in droves, with the total number of AFL memberships on track to smash last year's record tally.

While some clubs have spent big bucks on marketing campaigns, others have offered cut-price incentives to boost numbers.

Just weeks out from the opening round, almost 305,000 people have handed over hard-earned cash in support of Victorian clubs.

It compares with the 375,396 fans who signed on last year.

Collingwood and Hawthorn boast the largest official fan bases, with memberships of 45,597 and 45,000 respectively.

The Western Bulldogs would be hoping a successful family day yesterday - and the addition of key forward and crowd favourite Barry Hall - will help increase its meagre tally of 24,787.

Clubs struggling to attract members include North Melbourne (18,083) and Melbourne (22,604).

Carlton memberships have remained relatively strong, but management is confident a new membership structure where fans can join up for $80, will make a difference to its final margin.

Hawthorn, which hosted a family day yesterday, is trying to reach a target of 50,000 by round one.

And president Jeff Kennett said last year's record of nearly 52,500 was within reach. He credited the club's push into Tasmania for the success, with the campaign likely to rope in up to 10,000 - or 2 per cent of the state's population.

"When we first started we had about 1100 Tasmanian members - last year we had more than 7000," he said.

The addition of Ben Cousins is credited for a membership surge for Richmond in 2009, and a new coach is expected to push numbers up again this season.

Cats president Frank Costa said the premiership side had benefited from a surge in numbers thanks to last year's success.

He said Geelong was on track to reach a membership base of more than 40,000.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/fans-rally-to-buy-afl-club-memberships/story-e6frf7jo-1225835349409

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #371 on: March 02, 2010, 02:41:43 PM »
As of 2/3/2010

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #372 on: March 02, 2010, 03:27:12 PM »
No bad considering. With the lack of media exposure, the club message of 'a development (pain) year' and general state of our list you could justifiably predict a much lower number at this stage. Just shows you how loyal our members are and how they realize that if they wait for success before joining/renewing they may be waiting a long time.

We say it every year but imagine how large our membership would be if we showed even an ounce of promise  :o

Stripes

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #373 on: March 02, 2010, 04:32:16 PM »
No bad considering.

I'm staggered at the numbers Hawthorn claim to have. They have done extremely well to get that many signed up.
As you say if only we had some success..

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #374 on: March 02, 2010, 04:41:05 PM »
No bad considering.

I'm staggered at the numbers Hawthorn claim to have. They have done extremely well to get that many signed up.
As you say if only we had some success..
Their numbers are inflated by some very cheap memberships (and success)