Author Topic: will we finish higher then the dee's  (Read 10583 times)

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
will we finish higher then the dee's
« on: September 24, 2009, 03:00:43 PM »
hey im new here been following the forum for a little while just signed up though and was wondering in peoples opinion on how well we will go next year. will we finish higher on the ladder then the dee's?

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: will we finish higher then the dee's
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2009, 06:58:23 PM »
Hi and welcome tiger101.  Yes, we will finish higher than the Dees.  We will actually finish higher than a lot of people expect - we aren't as bad (ability-wise) as our finishing position this year suggests.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2009, 07:48:47 PM »
Gawd I hope so  :thumbsup
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2009, 08:04:23 PM »
We'll finish higher next year but given the talented youth the Dee's are bring onto their list, I doubt we will be as successful as them in the long run.  :'(

Offline crannyvegas

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2009, 08:19:30 PM »
disagree with all of the above, no chance we will finish higher than the dee's.
happy to be proven wrong of course, but they will finish in that 9th-13th range. i cant see us finishing out side the bottom three.
Detka! Detka! Detka!

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2009, 08:31:50 PM »
happy to be proven wrong of course, but they will finish in that 9th-13th range. i cant see us finishing out side the bottom three.

Prepare to be made happy then CV.   :)

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2009, 08:49:31 PM »

Demons are a joke of a club. They don't try, the coach is unproven, their best player left the club disillusioned, they have no money and no facilities.

When their highest profile "living legend" Gary Lyon wills them to lose you just know that the problems at the Demons run even deeper than those at the tigers.
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2009, 09:38:04 PM »
I see both us and the Dees finishing around the same mark in the bottom 3. It won't surprise me if we are favourites for the spoon with the bookies. A step back clearing out a number of mature (but not up to it) players before going forward with youth.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2009, 10:28:57 PM »
I think we'll finish higher than the Demons next year, especially now their best midfielder is about to get traded
May depend on injuries though

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2009, 11:18:50 PM »
A midfield of Scully, Trengove, Morton, Sylvia, Jones, Grimes, Petterd, Valenti along with perhaps Moloney, Bartram and Cheney will be what the Dees will be counting on to build their side around. Davey is their current best player and midfielder. McLean was played in a forward pocket when they were in full tanking mode which is what ticked him off.

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2009, 11:30:56 PM »
Scully & Trengove will hardly be the difference in their first year. I'm sure they'll play, but they'll be lucky to play 22 games and if they do it will be at 50-60% game time, even less of that in the starting midfield.
Davey is a gun, but not an inside ball winner, he's a receiver and a beautiful kick, you wouldn't want to waste him at the bottom of packs
Jones is the only genuine inside mid in that bunch, wouldn't want him to get injured

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2009, 01:32:21 AM »
yes.

:)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2009, 02:15:04 AM »
Scully & Trengove will hardly be the difference in their first year. I'm sure they'll play, but they'll be lucky to play 22 games and if they do it will be at 50-60% game time, even less of that in the starting midfield.
Davey is a gun, but not an inside ball winner, he's a receiver and a beautiful kick, you wouldn't want to waste him at the bottom of packs
Jones is the only genuine inside mid in that bunch, wouldn't want him to get injured
The same could be said of us though next year. If we trade Tucky we'll have Foley as our only genuine inside mid. We wouldn't want Cotch doing all the heavy work at 20 y.o. when he's yet to play a full season while Jacko is more our tagger.

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2009, 08:09:33 AM »
The same could be said of us though next year. If we trade Tucky we'll have Foley as our only genuine inside mid. We wouldn't want Cotch doing all the heavy work at 20 y.o. when he's yet to play a full season while Jacko is more our tagger.

Maybe a chance then for Thomson to reward the club for trading for him and stick him at the bottom of the packs to feed the ball out to our better ball uses. I get the impression though from Hardwick that every player, including our young midfielders, will be expected to win their own ball next year.

Stripes

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2009, 08:40:30 AM »
We'll finish higher next year but given the talented youth the Dee's are bring onto their list, I doubt we will be as successful as them in the long run.  :'(

After there debt demolition fails, we'll absorb them.

Stick a little demon logo on the back of our jumpers to appease their small number of supporters.

Watts, Riewoldt, Cotchin, Scully, Deledio, Trengove, Grimes, Vickery, Collins would be hard to stop.  :rollin
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do