Author Topic: Bernie Finn running for the Board?!  (Read 5191 times)

Offline the_boy_jake

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Bernie Finn running for the Board?!
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2009, 02:08:55 PM »
Some of his hansard stuff is comedy gold.

I particularly like him bringing the dangers of rap music to the attention of the premier. Its blokes like this one that make you wonder why we bother having state governments.

Moi

« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2009, 03:15:46 PM »
Some of his hansard stuff is comedy gold.
Yes, I would imagine so.

I particularly liked his recent comments on Tim Holding when he went missing in the snow, and Bernie was scathing on him for not having a GPS device.  When Tim was told this, he smiled and said, "Bernie can have a tracking device, but people have got to want to find you" lol.

:rollin

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2009, 06:07:03 PM »
I would think as a current sitting politician (even one for the non-govenring party of the day) he could not stand as he would have a major conflict of interest

Hope you're right.
We have enough loose cannons.

I think the law states that politicians cannot be directors of companies

Richmond is a registered company limited by guarantee so based on that he cannot be a director
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Ekto

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2009, 07:47:41 AM »

Hope you're right.
We have enough loose cannons.
[/quote]

Lets hope we get some more of those good, fast, hard and tight TAC CUP Premiership winning Cannons at the club.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2009, 05:53:01 PM »
Did anyone say loose cannon  :whistle

http://www.facebook.com/bernie.finn?v=wall

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2009, 09:06:15 PM »
Well it seems Bernie's going to sue

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/victorian-upper-house-mp-bernie-finn-to-sue-crikey-over-report-he-doesnt-like-barack-obama-because-he-is-black/story-e6frf7jo-1225787152120

Victorian Upper House MP Bernie Finn to sue Crikey over report he doesn't like Barack Obama because he is "black"

Bernie Finn plans to sue website Crickey over an article he says defames him and insinuates he has racist views towards US President Barack Obama.

A VICTORIAN MP said he plans to sue over a report he doesn't like Barack Obama because he is "black and a Muslim".

Upper House MP Bernie Finn said he was "appalled and disgusted" by a story that appeared on online news site Crikey under the heading "Hey Hey it's blackface" and shows Mr Finn participating in a Facebook poll "Why do you dislike Obama?"

He claimed the article insinuated he had racist views about the US President.

The article shows four different reasons why voters don't like the US President, including answers based on skin colour and religion.

Mr Finn said he didn't agree with Mr Obama's policies - and voted as such - but his political views were "never ever" about race or religion.

"These idiots have defamed me. They are saying because I don't like Obama because of his colour and that is a monstrous lie," he said.

"I have contacted my solicitors and it is unfortunate that Crikey being a news site - if you can still call it that these days - has done this."

Mr Finn said no Crikey journalist contacted him before running the story.

He defended his decision to vote in a poll that included possible racial and religious answers.

"I do think it is appropriate, because it is very important for that we can say that we don't like him because of the policies, not religion or colour," he said.

"There is a lot of people, like Jimmy Carter, who believe people don't like Obama because he is black."

Crikey editor Jonathan Green has not returned calls.

Gigantor

« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2009, 01:13:03 PM »
our annual Gm is fast approaching,has anyone heard whether that supposed board challenge has garnered any legs?

jackstar is back again

« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2009, 02:01:26 PM »
what about someone from Punt Rd approaching Geoff Raines to stand. mmmmm :shh ;)

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2009, 08:40:49 AM »
our annual Gm is fast approaching,has anyone heard whether that supposed board challenge has garnered any legs?
From Finn?  lol He is mad as a poo house rat.  ....Then again...
Lots of people name their swords......

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2009, 11:43:36 AM »
what about someone from Punt Rd approaching Geoff Raines to stand. mmmmm :shh ;)

Let me see the clubs about to post a $1.5-$2.0 million profit, Benny Gale is back at the Club and has publicly stated he has asked March to continue past 2010, Harwick has spoke glowing about the set up at the club, we actually seem to have a long team strategy and someone or some group wants to start stirring up trouble

The faceless cowards are at it again are they  :banghead :banghead

Cannot see Geoff Raines getting involved at the RFC at the moment - whether you want to admit it or not Jack, Geoff hasn't been very happy with the RFC in season 2009  :thumbsup

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2009, 12:14:04 PM »

Let me see the clubs about to post a $1.5-$2.0 million profit, Benny Gale is back at the Club and has publicly stated he has asked March to continue past 2010, Harwick has spoke glowing about the set up at the club, we actually seem to have a long team strategy and someone or some group wants to start stirring up trouble

Cannot see Geoff Raines getting involved at the RFC at the moment - whether you want to admit it or not Jack, Geoff hasn't been very happy with the RFC in season 2009  :thumbsup
I recall reading in an interview that he wanted to get involved in the tigers but felt it would not be appropriate whilst his son was playing.  He also came across as a very balanced and fair minded bloke.
Lots of people name their swords......

Moi

« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2009, 12:17:01 PM »
\
 :rollin

jackstar is back again

« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2009, 12:20:50 PM »

I recall reading in an interview that he wanted to get involved in the tigers but felt it would not be appropriate whilst his son was playing.  He also came across as a very balanced and fair minded bloke.

Thank you Owl.

jackstar is back again

« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2009, 12:22:06 PM »

No faceless Cowards, only tell you want was said, like it or not.
Has nothing to do with me

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2009, 01:05:03 PM »
Any person should have the right to rum for any elected position at a football club. In fact it is better if there are challenges to the incumbents as they cannot take their position for granted.
The problem is, it seems the Richmond Football club is incapable of this happening without it representing the factional infighting of the ALP caucus. Looking at it from the outside, it appears that the whole period of Richmond being just crap on the field, is littered with ugly, messy stoushes for board positions.   
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI