Author Topic: Your trade week expectations?  (Read 3285 times)

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
Re: Your trade week expectations?
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2009, 09:32:02 PM »
i would like to see McMahon, Patterson, Schulz shown the exit door as soon as possible for any pick under 100.

They are useless and combined drag us down as a football club.

If Hardwick respects the jumper and the club, he would pee these hacks off for good.

enough is enough

4th rounders would be a win for us.

JON i would swap for a pack of twisty's and Hughes id sway for a picture of MOI.

We need to make the Raines trade on the first day. Get this done RFC!! 3rd round is a good result

i agree with this 'daniel161', however i can not see this happening.

it would not surprise me if these three are still on the list.

i think the 'clean out' we have had so far is good.

we could have a lot more delisted/traded, but we don't know what Mr Hardwick, Mr Cameron and whoever else is on the list management team are thinking.

"All Positive" was Mr Hardwick's words, so who knows what he is going to do with all of them.

:)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2009, 02:14:55 PM »
Greg Denham let out today that we will be a small player in trade week, picking up a couple of lesser known players.

http://www.yellowandblack.com.au/forum/showpost.php?p=280303&postcount=1073

Ramps

« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2009, 02:58:28 PM »
Need to offload as many as we can for picks. Its difficult but it has to happen.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2009, 05:06:27 PM »
Need to offload as many as we can for picks. Its difficult but it has to happen.

Can't off load them if no-one wants them Ramps - especially those with contracts.....

What we NEED to DO and what we can actually DO are 2 very different things
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2009, 06:10:21 PM »
Low expectations now given the high profile names on the table from other clubs which lowers Tucky's trade value to probably a 3rd round pick. Looks like Rainesy for pick 44 will be our only trade at this stage. We would need to put a Daniel Jackson on the table to get something decent it seems but we re-signed him for 2 years.

I hope Denham is wrong about us picking up a couple of lesser known players this week. We should not be trading away any of our picks.

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2009, 07:36:22 PM »
Hope not MT. Dimma has been harping on how the draft is the way to go so to go against what he has been saying would be a fatal mistake meaning we will go down the quick fix path. I don't think so. Dimma is a cluey man and he won't want to be compared to previous RFC coaches nor undo all the things he has said on his appointment and at the B&F. Would strangle any hope we have had since the appointment and that would mean membership $$$$$$$$ for next year.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2009, 11:13:30 PM »
Hope not MT. Dimma has been harping on how the draft is the way to go so to go against what he has been saying would be a fatal mistake meaning we will go down the quick fix path. I don't think so. Dimma is a cluey man and he won't want to be compared to previous RFC coaches nor undo all the things he has said on his appointment and at the B&F. Would strangle any hope we have had since the appointment and that would mean membership $$$$$$$$ for next year.
Let's hope so Tucky. Craig Cameron is the list manager as well so we don't want a repeat of his effort last year where we used just 2 picks on kids.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2009, 02:02:32 PM »
RICHMOND
It will be interesting to see how involved Richmond becomes in trade week. It hasn't been heavily mooted with players, although the Tigers look set to release Raines to the Lions for a third-round selection (No.44). Speculation mounted before the end of the season that Jordan McMahon could be moved on to St Kilda. Shane Tuck will also be one to monitor this week, with his future unclear.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/85694/default.aspx

Ramps

« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2009, 02:21:59 PM »
Main game is trading out for picks IMHO. Day 2 seems  to be a traditional D2 trade period day- Nothings happening. Good start yesterday to trading. Voss got criticised but atleast he made yesterday an interesting day Draft wise.

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2009, 02:55:03 PM »
We need a couple of the big deals to go through.

That'll get things moving.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2009, 03:52:09 PM »
Not will happen again until Friday imo when all the clubs return to Etihad again to meet up and finalise deals.
EAT EM ALIVE!