Author Topic: Liam Baker [merged]  (Read 97718 times)

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Liam Baker [merged]
« Reply #660 on: July 24, 2024, 12:53:10 PM »
Good summary of your opinion  and respectful, hats off, I know the club is very keen to retain him for his leadership and we sure need it .  If he decides to go , and we finish last it will be interesting but currently it’s just speculation!

I think he is going. Rumours aside he has bought a house in Perth people forget that. Two if he is going to make the move at age 27 its probably his last chance.

He is 100% going and the reality is that both WA clubs will be seeking him out which will drive his value up. While we need to finish last and maximise our first pick in the December draft (another topic for debate) it will enable us to maximise this trade value
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #661 on: July 24, 2024, 05:38:22 PM »
Good summary of your opinion  and respectful, hats off, I know the club is very keen to retain him for his leadership and we sure need it .  If he decides to go , and we finish last it will be interesting but currently it’s just speculation!

I think he is going. Rumours aside he has bought a house in Perth people forget that. Two if he is going to make the move at age 27 its probably his last chance.

The house he bought this year is actually his 2nd one in WA but get the point.

I've been o nthe view he's going for a fair while now

Main reason being he's had a contract offer from the Club in front of him for quite some time and hasn't sign or committed. If he was staying the deal would have been done by now

Just my take
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #662 on: July 24, 2024, 07:20:57 PM »

Main reason being he's had a contract offer from the Club in front of him for quite some time and hasn't sign or committed. If he was staying the deal would have been done by now

Just my take

I agree that I suspect his gone but not for either of those reasons.

He’s a WA native who you’d probably expect to move back there once his footy career is done. Not uncommon to buy some properties as an investment whether he ends up living there or not.

Same thing regarding his deal. Dusty didn’t sign until the week before finals.

I just think the writings on the wall. His form has seemed to taper off since the middle of the year and he has stopped getting any midfield time at all.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #663 on: July 24, 2024, 09:26:38 PM »

Just my take

The one he bought this year was $2.5m which doesn’t feel like an investment
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #664 on: July 25, 2024, 08:11:39 AM »
Love him. If he goes then I wish him all the best.

He's been a steal for us.

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #665 on: July 25, 2024, 02:37:57 PM »

Just my take

The one he bought this year was $2.5m which doesn’t feel like an investment

Maybe not for us common folk  :lol

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #666 on: July 25, 2024, 06:39:52 PM »
Yze was confident Richmond's poor on-field fortunes wouldn't affect Liam Baker's decision on whether to stay at the Tigers or seek a trade to Western Australia.

"Knowing 'Bakes', that's not going to be any part of his decision making," he said, hailing the vice-captain's performances.

"He loves the footy club, his decision making's going to whether he goes home or not. It's not about win-loss and where he sees the future of our footy club and how the next couple of years look like.

"... He hasn't checked out, he's going to play right to the end, and when he makes that decision he'll make that decision."

https://www.afl.com.au/news/1179937/hes-in-a-good-spot-richmond-tigers-welcome-back-dustin-martin-as-return-looms