Author Topic: Dustin Martin [merged]  (Read 1086170 times)

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Dustin Martin [merged]
« Reply #1830 on: August 17, 2013, 09:42:10 PM »
i said if we let him go for 100k i would be spewing. Thats different to paying him what he wants

apology accepted

cheers :thumbsup
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline hyperlite

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #1831 on: August 17, 2013, 10:14:03 PM »
Would hate to see him go, but gee he needs to pull his finger out on a regular basis.

There's been a few occasions this year when someone needs to stand up and take the game by the scruff. most went missing today.

Because of the tough nut category that we all put him in, and he would probably raise his hand and say he's in this category too, too many times he's gone missing, has had a stinker, or has under-performed.

Personally i think he's worth throwing money at, but after a below par game today it just shows how important it is to be consistent in order to keep your value.

I hate losing to the blue scum, but if there's any positive out of today, its that dusty hasn't got an argument from the last few games to push his case for more cash.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #1832 on: August 18, 2013, 12:24:54 AM »
His best game of the year I thought was the Sydney game but he has been serviceable and got by on reputation and in a winning side in the other without really setting the world on fire. To me the kid needs to sign this contract ASAP for his own good and the good of the footy club. If the rumour abt his manager is true then he needs to tell his manager to do his job and get him over the line at his club of choice which is us and not let his manager worry about the extra 10% his manager is trying to pocket to save his dwindling managerial career.

Offline daniel33

• Tiger Rookie
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1833 on: August 18, 2013, 12:30:36 AM »
Guys you a dreaming if you thing Dusty is worth 500k or 600k what he wants.No more then 400k or 450k for me.How many games does in string together in a row of high quality to demand that money not many at all.If he wants to bleed the club dry well see ya later no one is bigger then the club !!!.

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1834 on: August 18, 2013, 10:49:46 AM »
He's a good player not a great players yet - Great players at least compete and never give up.
A great player wouldn't be thrashed by an opponent that didn't play the game until a few years ago -
Id hate to see him go but Richmond cant pay overs.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1835 on: August 19, 2013, 10:41:48 AM »
From Robbo's Tackle Column today (19/8/2013)
=================================

Dusty's future hangs in the balance
Mark Robinson
•August 18, 2013 8:35PM

SPOKE TO Ralph Carr recently.

You might not know of him, but he is the manager of the second-most talked about out-of-contract footballer in the competition.

Hawthorn's Lance Franklin is No.1, of course, and Richmond's Dustin Martin is No.2.

Carr is playing hardball with the Tigers, just as he did with Collingwood over Travis Cloke, his other high-profile client.

Carr is unique. He is from the entertainment industry and while football is an emotional business, Carr is not an emotional manager.

He and the Tigers are at logger-heads.

It's safe to say, as the Magpies found out last season, Carr doesn't care if he loses friends.

His job is to attain the best possible deal for his client and his track-record is admirable.

He wasn't keen on talking about the Martin situation, so it's a bit of a guessing game.

Martin is on good money in the final year of his contract, which was negotiated by his former manager Ricky Nixon. It's about $450,000.

The Tigers new offer was for about the same money with incentives, which was understandable seeing as Martin finished 10th in the 2012 club best and fairest, although his 2013 season suggests a top-three finish is not beyond him.

Carr knows that. He believes it is ridiculous that Martin is having a season like he's having and the Tigers don't want to cough up more money than he's presently on which, it has be said, was overs from the outset.

Richmond's issue is that they believe Carr is telling interested people that several clubs have expressed interest in Martin, and one, namely Greater Western Sydney, has a multi-year offer worth about $750,000 per season.
GWS has said no offer exists, and that no offer will be forthcoming.

So, the Tigers believe Carr is inflating the price and the interest.

In the meantime, the standoff continues.

Give or take $20,000, the Tigers might go to $500,000 but Carr wants $600,000 and won't budge.

The further problem is Martin doesn't want to leave Richmond.

He's an interesting young man Dustin Martin.

He is shy, untrustworthy of the media and reliant on a good structures in his life to play good footy.

There have been issues, and the Tigers have worked with him closely to sort them out.

So much so, that the Tigers would be staggered if Martin suddenly announced he was out of there.

They have invested in Martin, and know that Martin wants to invest in them.

If only the contract can be completed.

Either Carr buckles and drops the price, or the Tigers, under new football boss Dan Richardson, buckle and Richmond's pay scale is out of whack in his first season.

The Tigers would like to have you believe that's “take it or leave it”' with Martin, but that won't be the case.

They need Martin as much as Martin needs them.

Carr, meanwhile, plays for keeps. His mantra is: This is what we want and this is what you will pay.

In the end, Martin will decide where and how much.

It will be Richmond, but the “how much” is going to drive people at Richmond bonkers for some time yet.

Don't be surprised if all talks are put off until the end of the season.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/the-tackle-essendons-super-supplements-saga-cant-distract-from-round-22s-super-saturday/story-fni5ezdm-1226699522934

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline smasha

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1836 on: August 19, 2013, 11:24:01 AM »
GWS have said no offer exists because Vlad has rang Carr.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1837 on: August 19, 2013, 11:26:22 AM »
DO NOT stuff this up Richmond!!!!!!
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1838 on: August 19, 2013, 11:28:30 AM »
if Robbo does indeed have inside info here, then the conclusion i come to is that Carr is not the right manager fro dusty.

I heard an interview with Dan Richardson earlier in the year and he bristleed at the statement that he was the man responsible for getting Goddard to Essendon. He said that he did not tell players what they should do, but give them all the info they need to make a decision that is best for them.

It sounds like this carr character just pushes for the highest dollar amount he can get, probably because he then gets a bigger cut himself.

The stupid thing is, even if that is how carr works, his long term interest is ensuring dusty's long term interest, and with dusty in particular that is more than about the value of his next contract. If dusty got a bigger contract elswhere but didnt get the direction and support he clearly needs and goes off the rails, then they both lose.

Maybe someone needs to give kim duthie Carr's phone number.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1839 on: August 19, 2013, 11:29:46 AM »
GWS have said no offer exists because Vlad has rang Carr.

What are you on about?

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1840 on: August 19, 2013, 11:34:26 AM »
if Robbo does indeed have inside info here, then the conclusion i come to is that Carr is not the right manager fro dusty.

I heard an interview with Dan Richardson earlier in the year and he bristleed at the statement that he was the man responsible for getting Goddard to Essendon. He said that he did not tell players what they should do, but give them all the info they need to make a decision that is best for them.

It sounds like this carr character just pushes for the highest dollar amount he can get, probably because he then gets a bigger cut himself.

The stupid thing is, even if that is how carr works, his long term interest is ensuring dusty's long term interest, and with dusty in particular that is more than about the value of his next contract. If dusty got a bigger contract elswhere but didnt get the direction and support he clearly needs and goes off the rails, then they both lose.

I think Robbo's article is absolutely spot on

al your very first sentence is 100% correct as well.

Have said it before and will say it again & it will be for the final time:

Dusty wants to stay, he doesn't want to leave, the issue here is and has always been his manager.

the end  ;D

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1841 on: August 19, 2013, 11:41:00 AM »
Have said it before and will say it again & it will be for the final time:

Dusty wants to stay, he doesn't want to leave, the issue here is and has always been his manager.

the end  ;D

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1842 on: August 19, 2013, 11:46:32 AM »

Sorry wrong Chutney

This is the right Chutney

:thumbsup

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1843 on: August 19, 2013, 02:38:22 PM »
feel more like trading him the longer this goes on?

Offline blaisee

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1844 on: August 19, 2013, 02:43:16 PM »
The manager is the one driving the bus here unfortunately.
Wonder what old man Martin had to say today whilst down at the club.

Lets hope sensible heads prevail, not only for us but for the Dusty.

not too sure the old man is that sensible to be honest