Author Topic: Dustin Martin [merged]  (Read 1089490 times)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Dustin Martin [merged]
« Reply #2790 on: September 21, 2013, 06:12:12 PM »
Dusty has just tweeted this in the last 15 mins (if his account hasn't been hacked again?).

@DustinMartin4 - "Caroline Wilson what a larry"

larry is slang for moron or loner.
Most probably Ralph Carr tweeting again on his account.

Would say its been hacked again or being used by someone else. Accounts been dormant since Monday and now suddenly 2 stupid tweets
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2791 on: September 21, 2013, 06:13:42 PM »

:lol

WAT, seriously, that is probably the worst attempt at justification of a poor policy that I have ever read.

Each to their own mate, Richmond just need to get Martin signed, end of story!

That's where we are diametrically opposite on this.

I think the club has been first class in it's handling of this whole episode.  They have been tolerant and open with Martin all the way through and have refused to compromise their position or standards and it is the most heartening thing I have seen them do as a club in a fair while.  We have all bemoaned how we have been a basket case of failure for 30 years through inept management both on and off field and now that we have a topline management team and a set of standards that we refuse to compromise you seriously want to set it aside the very first time it is tested?  I don't want to lose Martin but I don't want us to forsake all the gains we have made as a club collectively for the sake of satisfying my own emotional fear.  We will win a flag with or without Martin and by making this stand in this most public manner we are gaining huge tracts in football community respect, something that will pay off in spades in coming years.  Players (and their managers), of our club and others will be watching and seeing how we are a club that can be trusted in it's word, and a safe and fair place for them to play.  Just how they now perceive Geelong, Sydney and Hawthorn.  They might not pay top dollar but they are extremely well run and have been successful for a long time now, and have no problem attracting and keeping quality players.  We can't reach those lofty heights by compromising our standards the minute the pressure is on and caving in to pay Martin what no other club in the competition was prepared to pay him would be doing just that.

:clapping :clapping top post Smokey spot on

And not a bad article by Ricky Nixon either

Rampstar

« Reply #2792 on: September 21, 2013, 06:14:03 PM »
Dusty has just tweeted this in the last 15 mins (if his account hasn't been hacked again?).

@DustinMartin4 - "Caroline Wilson what a larry"

larry is slang for moron or loner.
Most probably Ralph Carr tweeting again on his account.

Would say its been hacked again or being used by someone else. Accounts been dormant since Monday and now suddenly 2 stupid tweets

Not a good start if its true.

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2793 on: September 21, 2013, 06:16:10 PM »
Needs to change password from dusty4

Hellenic Tiger

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #2795 on: September 21, 2013, 06:21:47 PM »

:lol

WAT, seriously, that is probably the worst attempt at justification of a poor policy that I have ever read.

Each to their own mate, Richmond just need to get Martin signed, end of story!

That's where we are diametrically opposite on this.

I think the club has been first class in it's handling of this whole episode.  They have been tolerant and open with Martin all the way through and have refused to compromise their position or standards and it is the most heartening thing I have seen them do as a club in a fair while.  We have all bemoaned how we have been a basket case of failure for 30 years through inept management both on and off field and now that we have a topline management team and a set of standards that we refuse to compromise you seriously want to set it aside the very first time it is tested?  I don't want to lose Martin but I don't want us to forsake all the gains we have made as a club collectively for the sake of satisfying my own emotional fear.  We will win a flag with or without Martin and by making this stand in this most public manner we are gaining huge tracts in football community respect, something that will pay off in spades in coming years.  Players (and their managers), of our club and others will be watching and seeing how we are a club that can be trusted in it's word, and a safe and fair place for them to play.  Just how they now perceive Geelong, Sydney and Hawthorn.  They might not pay top dollar but they are extremely well run and have been successful for a long time now, and have no problem attracting and keeping quality players.  We can't reach those lofty heights by compromising our standards the minute the pressure is on and caving in to pay Martin what no other club in the competition was prepared to pay him would be doing just that.

Bad time to draw the line is all I am saying.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Rampstar

« Reply #2796 on: September 21, 2013, 06:26:46 PM »
no point drawing a line in the sand with a no hoper. that strategy would never work. for it to work they needed to do it to a big big name. perfect opportunity and perfectly executed by dan richardson.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2797 on: September 21, 2013, 06:27:51 PM »
1000 times worse if we don't is all I'm saying.   :thumbsup

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2798 on: September 21, 2013, 06:38:23 PM »
Bad time to draw the line is all I am saying.

So when is the right time exactly?

2014 when Maric or Vickery are i coming out of contract?

perhaps it should be 2015 when Cotchin, Rance, Ellis and others are coming out of contract?

Or is the right time when it's a player who is expendable?

You can argue timing as much as you like and people will end up saying that no time is the right time but at the med of the day it needed to be done. It should have happened years ago.

Now is the right time because failure to draw the line in the sand means we would end up losing alot more than a player or 2. We'd end up losing or at least damaging everything that's been built up over the lat 3 years

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2799 on: September 21, 2013, 06:58:51 PM »
Just on Ch7 Saturday nights pre-game and the segment "give me something"

Darcy showed a photo of Dusty supposedly taken today of him trying on his jacket for the brownlow medal dinner and the jacket is lined with his number 4 RFC guernsey  :clapping :clapping

They will be talking about Dusty's contact situation later

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #2800 on: September 21, 2013, 07:10:29 PM »
Just on Ch7 Saturday nights pre-game and the segment "give me something"

Darcy showed a photo of Dusty supposedly taken today of him trying on his jacket for the brownlow medal dinner and the jacket is lined with his number 4 RFC guernsey  :clapping :clapping

They will be talking about Dusty's contact situation later
Transcript please, I have happy feat on at my place ::)
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2801 on: September 21, 2013, 07:13:00 PM »

:huh

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #2802 on: September 21, 2013, 07:14:40 PM »

Sorry, I thought they had discussed dm
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2803 on: September 21, 2013, 07:15:39 PM »

Sorry, I thought they had discussed dm

No showed the photo and said will be talking about Dusty

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2804 on: September 21, 2013, 07:22:50 PM »
On ch7 now

Talking about Dusty

Richo says Dusty has been poorly advised, that's the one thing he has taken out of his week. Said he has know idea what's going on with Dusty but reckons he will be staying. Then listed all the reasons why he should stay

Darcy questioned Richo about whether playing group was happy with Dusty and whether they would welcome him back

Richo said absolutely players would welcome Dusty back. Richo then said Dusty caught up with Dimma today

They then replayed part of that the #Discovered segment where Dusty said he owes Tigers and wants to be a Tiger for life and remembered as a team player. Over the top of Dusty talking they played some of this weeks talkback radio calls of fans bag the you know whatskis out of him

To be honest a nothing 4 minutes  ;D